+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disappointed with my own life...

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    The biggest problem, you guessed it, are the girls. Ever since I was a youngster I've dreamed of having a girlfriend and so far I failed in every opportunity I had. Usually girls around me are either committed or ugly and whenever I find someone interesting the person turns out to be way more complicated to date than I have thought. My last crush pulled the "just friends" on me and of course I was so pissed off, but hid it. And when I don't date who I want I tend to feel depressed and wish the other person doesn't have a happy life as I see her as the source of my sadness. Somehow I think the girls don't find me interesting at all, and it hurts me because I'd LOVE to have someone by my side, to care for... (yes my take on things is overly romantic at times) Then I'm frustrated because they prefer other men to me. The others are more manly, more "suitable". And I suffer with the rejection.

Second issue is with friends. I'm too serious. People my age make jokes all the time, aren't afraid of anything... But I'm a different matter. I tend to thrive when discussing deeper matters, but those you can only talk with older people about. This is why most of my true friends are way older than me. And approaching people is difficult for me as I don't know what to talk to them.
    First...girls our age are dumbasses, and they suck balls. I've noticed a large majority of them tend to be very shallow. Chances are they end up running into some douchebag tool that uses them and end up wondering why they got screwed over.

Don't get soo stressed out over it. I know how you feel, been rejected a few times recently and I'm tired of even trying. I've also got very little time. I'm hoping I'll just run into someone eventually but I've also realized I'm happy, I got money to spend on things I WANT and get to do the things I WANT when, yes...I WANT. I'm not going to look for someone, I'll just wait to bump into someone.

Also I'm like you I can't go up to many people my age and just start talking. Oddly enough I can do it with older people. I find I'm able to relate to older people. Another reason I like cycling, not too many people our age cycling, I've met a lot of older people that I can socialize and have conversations worth having. But the opposite isn't true.

Try to learn not to worry about it. Distract yourself. I know how you feel. I'm kind of like you with the whole romatic stuff, I just really like doing that stuff. But hey...what do you do? Half the girls in college are getting shit faced at parties and date raped.

I also agree with what ecojeane said about talking to them like you would another guy.
    Last edited by 1averagejoe; 27-09-08 at 12:36 PM.

Dont take it to heart my friend. You will get over it. Have confidence in yourself

Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    First...girls our age are dumbasses, and they suck balls. I've noticed a large majority of them tend to be very shallow. Chances are they end up running into some douchebag tool that uses them and end up wondering why they got screwed over.

Don't get soo stressed out over it. I know how you feel, been rejected a few times recently and I'm tired of even trying. I've also got very little time. I'm hoping I'll just run into someone eventually but I've also realized I'm happy, I got money to spend on things I WANT and get to do the things I WANT when, yes...I WANT. I'm not going to look for someone, I'll just wait to bump into someone.

Also I'm like you I can't go up to many people my age and just start talking. Oddly enough I can do it with older people. I find I'm able to relate to older people. Another reason I like cycling, not too many people our age cycling, I've met a lot of older people that I can socialize and have conversations worth having. But the opposite isn't true.

Try to learn not to worry about it. Distract yourself. I know how you feel. I'm kind of like you with the whole romatic stuff, I just really like doing that stuff. But hey...what do you do? Half the girls in college are getting shit faced at parties and date raped.

I also agree with what ecojeane said about talking to them like you would another guy.
    not all girls are dumbasses. Huge misconception

2 words: potassium cyanide. It will solve all your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    2 words: potassium cyanide. It will solve all your problems.
    I'm too young to die!!!

you're never too young to die. Life is a continuous struggle to stave off death. If death wins, then the struggle is over. But as long as there is life, the struggle continues. That struggle is suffering. As long as there is life, there is suffering. Why needlessly torment yourself when you can end it all in an instant?

Quote Originally Posted by justine820 View Post
    not all girls are dumbasses. Huge misconception
    Of course they all aren't...but a LARGE majority of them are. And I'm sure a lot of the cougars on the forum will agree with me on this.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    you're never too young to die. Life is a continuous struggle to stave off death. If death wins, then the struggle is over. But as long as there is life, the struggle continues. That struggle is suffering. As long as there is life, there is suffering. Why needlessly torment yourself when you can end it all in an instant?
    You try it first neo...then all the cougars will be after your dead body.

Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    You try it first neo...then all the cougars will be after your dead body.
    Let's hope they enjoy bitter flesh.

I feel for you I really do. I think you need to change your attitude a bit and it's like that quote from the 40 year old virgin "Stop putting the pussy on the pedestal" I mean you may find that rare gem who share the same attitude as you but come on you're 21. (I shouldn't preach since I'm only 24 lol)

One thing that I learnt real fast was even if a girl in our age bracket did like you she'd be pondering about the other excitements she could be having. I wouldn't say a majority of girls are shallow or dumbasses so to speak but just wanting to have fun while they can, same can be said for guys.

I'm still all for old school and romance but just not in the same naive way I once saw it.

Oh and keep at your studies and get a good job ay. I'm kicking myself at the moment for not sticking with that now that I've had my fun and wishing I woulda established myself before having fun.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    maybe you aren't as good looking as you think..haha.

well it's probably that you don't have the self confidence to actually get a gf. talk to your friends and have them introduce you to some of their friends.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12