+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need help reading between the lines!

Need help reading between the lines!

Past little while, I haven't been concerning myself this guy I met up with so much. We had that one date... I thought it went well, confirmed by kissing... he went on a business trip... I haven't seen him since (almost 2 weeks). Whatever... it was one date. He probably got back not long ago... a day or two or something. No concerns about him not calling me, cause the weekend only began today.

But I still wanna know what's going on...

He took a long time to add me to his gmail contacts, but maybe he was busy. He DID send me a brief email in response to something brief I sent.

Me to him: So it turns out... that "lame" game Portal I was telling you about... was created by Valve Corp, creators of Counter-Strike and Half Life. So apparently you fail at life. : )

Him to me: Haha, you crack me up with how geeky you are! Believe it or not, that's pretty hawt. Too bad I'm not uber geek like you.

Me to him (recently): Hey, I'm not the one fixing computers : ) Hope you're having (had) a good time in Texas.

...so I don't know. I'm going to have to wait until he calls to really find out what he's thinking about me, but I'm still confused because:

1. He adds me to gtalk, but doesn't chat with me. (Granted, hasn't been on his gmail much at ALL.)

2. E-mails me only after I send something brief a week after our date while he's abroad. (He did reply a day later, which is nice.)

3. His reply is cute, but I'm not sure what he means.

4. Still not sure if he just wants to make out, or actually genuinely likes me and sees potential.

Wish I could read into the recent e-mail... wanted to know what you guys think about his response...?

why are you even worried about this? you had one date, he added you to chat to talk online - to me that can only be a good sign. you're kinda sounding a bit obsessive. just roll with it and see what happens, he may not call you for a while, but you can't force it otherwise he'll run away scared
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I agree with Jeanne.

He was away on business which is explanation enough as to why he wasn't available to talk. His contacts, although limited, were friendly and flirtatious.

As to whether his intentions are potentially serious or merely physical, I can't tell from anything you said here. At least his comments weren't sexually suggestive. Use your instincts as you should with any man to assess whether you think he's a potential boyfriend or a player.

Good luck,

Carl.

A girl who praises Valve! I want one!

But as eco said, so far positive signs. We, men, don't put much between the lines.
    Don't expect anything.

looks like a lack of interest. If a guy is interested but was genuinely busy then when he comes back, he would do anything to make it up to you.