+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Christmas Gift

Christmas Gift

Kind of in a pickle here about my gf's christmas present. We both love eachother a lot and spend as much time as we can with eachother. We've been bf/gf for almost 7 months now.

I had planned on getting her a Tiffany's necklace. I dont really see her wearing necklaces but I still want to get one for her. She never wore bracelets before but I had bought her one and now she always wears it, rarely if ever takes it off.

I had asked one of her good friends her opinion and she told me that I should get her a gift card to a place like Victoria's Secret instead. To me, gift cards aren't something you get a girlfriend because they are very impersonal and they say "I couldnt think of anything to get you so I got you a gift card instead".

So I'm kinda torn. I want to get her something special and something with meaning (the necklace is a perfect match for the bracelet I had given her) but at the same time wondering if she will like it or not and also what her good friend said.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree with you about the gift card. Definitely shows a lack of imagination, however if your G/F is hard to please, it may be a good idea.

Nice gift, BTW... I have to ask, though: what will you do for an encore?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

my gf isn't really had to please, I mean there isn't a single thing that she hasn't liked that I got her. Hell there was one night we were driving in her car and her windshield wipers didn't work that well. The next day I went out and got her a set and put it on her car without her knowing. We took her car out that night and when she found out I had changed them she was so happy and she absolutely loved them.

As for an encore, I don't know. I always feel I have to kind of step it up for the next big gift.

Check to see what she uses:

Makeup
    Perfume
    Skin Care
    Hand bags
    Purses

Most girls like this stuff.

The Tiffany necklace sounds nice but could be a bit OTT and as Vash said you may not leave yourself anywhere to go (except maybe and engagement ring)

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yup... don't start with Tiffany's. You haven't even been together a year. It's too much, and you'll be sorry if you end up staying with her.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

can you give more details on the necklace? picture? price? metal of choice?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

The price is $450, it's a necklace that has 2 heart pendants (1 gold, one silver) on the chain. It matches perfectly with the bracelet cause the bracelet has gold and silver hearts all around it.

Even though I still want to get her a Tiffany's necklace, maybe I will look for a necklace similair to that one but from a different store, maybe like Nordstrom's or some place like that. That way I can still get her a necklace like I have thought of but I can also leave room for something better later on

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Good idea. Another thing to consider about expensive gifts is that the recipient often feels pressured to reciprocate in kind, and they may not be able to afford such extravagance.

That's what I got her, what do you think?