+ Follow This Topic
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: obama.

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    i was sort of looking for 'that' memorable quote by him in his speech, but it didn't happen...it was good overall though.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Obama is going to be doing a LOT more disappointing in the coming years. I think its good he got to an early start.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    My favorite part of his speech was the part in which he started talking about freedoms being taken away and alluding to the patriot act and the camera cut to Bush.
    Yet amusingly enough it wasn't Bush that did it. It was all of congress and senate as well. Post Sept 11th they all damn near rubber stamped the damn thing.

Hate the guy all you want, but he did actually do *some* good in the world. Too bad all of that is overshadowed by his massive ****ups.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Obama is going to be doing a LOT more disappointing in the coming years. I think its good he got to an early start.
    I'll be curious to see if he can convince Senate/Congress to do the unthinkable. What's right for the country regardless of how unpopular it may be. Just because an idea is the popular one, doesn't mean it's the right one.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    Just because an idea is the popular one, doesn't mean it's the right one.
    My God, Lite. Are you a closet elitist?

Obama will do his absolute best to convince the majority its in their best interests, thereby making it 'popular'. Seems to be his style.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Check it out, gang. For the first time, I think this site might actually be worth a bookmark. Especially the 'briefing room' if you want an idea of what he'll be up to:

[url]http://www.whitehouse.gov/[/url]
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    Yet amusingly enough it wasn't Bush that did it. It was all of congress and senate as well. Post Sept 11th they all damn near rubber stamped the damn thing.

Hate the guy all you want, but he did actually do *some* good in the world.
    You mean like the massive amounts of funding he gave to world AIDS initiatives? Yeah, I'm aware of the good things his administration did. You'd have to be totally ignorant to not recognize that.

I still reserve the right to be happy to see him get in his 'copter and go bye bye.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by .Bo. View Post
    i was sort of looking for 'that' memorable quote by him in his speech, but it didn't happen...it was good overall though.
    The entertainment was great, though.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

i watched it live on cnn.com, washington looked COLD!

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by RSK View Post
    i watched it live on cnn.com, washington looked COLD!
    Washington is cold.

I imagine 40 years down the road some little kid is going to come interview me for a school project and ask where I was on the historic day a black man was first elected president.

In my ****ing house. It was too damn cold out.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Washington cold my ass. A good part of the reason my sister wanted to move to Washington DC in the first place was to get away from the cold

Anyone see the recent episode of the Colbert Report? I think Colbert is really getting out of hand with his criticizing Obama.

Yes, the whole 'change' campaign thing is a little overrated, but I think Colbert is just flustered because Obama is about to take his pissing pot away.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Colbert does political humor. Whomever is in office is the target.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's also a satirist.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Anyone see the recent episode of the Colbert Report? I think Colbert is really getting out of hand with his criticizing Obama.

Yes, the whole 'change' campaign thing is a little overrated, but I think Colbert is just flustered because Obama is about to take his pissing pot away.
    The entire show is satire. It's humor. Colbert is actually an extremely brilliant man intellectually and politically. Obama is as much of a target as Bush was. Every president is.

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast