+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boyfriend material vs husband material

Quote Originally Posted by mrk2381 View Post
    I'm comfortable with how I look. Though I know by society's standards that I'm not good looking. I'm 5'9 1/2'' and weigh roughly 250 lbs most of which is located in the gut area. As for geekiness the only thing I think is geeky are my glasses but my family's health plan doesn't cover contacts.

Uk

First off Happy Belated Birthday. I don't want to wait til I'm 30 to find the one but I'm also a stubborn pig headed sob that refuses to give in to the status quo just because its the status quo. Though I'm sure you're right about learning some dating skills so I'm not single for the next 10 years.
    Welll changing the things you can and want will help improve your self perception. Too much belly fat shows an increase in many health risks so you can start there if you desire.

You don't hae to wait until 30. There is nothing wrong with dating and short term relationships as long as you communicate your expectations with your partner.s
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    There is nothing wrong with dating and short term relationships as long as you communicate your expectations with your partner.s
    Listen to her.
    Be frank about your expectation and make it known.
    It saves alot of mind games.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post

It's so interesting how courting and relationships work, huh?

Were you like that once lesa

My confusion lays in the fact that every girl I've asked out have told me no.
    And how many girls was that?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Being frank is easy for me. I just don't see how telling someone I want to keep this short cause I don't think your looking for the same thing I am but let's do this anyway is productive.

4 one for every year of highschool since sophmore year to my first semester of college.

Quote Originally Posted by UKboy View Post
    Were you like that once lesa
    Actually my first boyfriend was marriage material and he did not play the dating game (no waiting certain days to call, etc). He wanted me for his wife!

After that, I have seen my share of guys that looked hot and cool to date but was not good enough for me to marry. I wasn't into sleeping around with random men. I'm not really dating material. I'm girlfriend and possibly wife material to someone.

Now, I can't seek a serious relationship (actually I could) because I want to travel and because of our school. I guess that makes my relationship casual?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

I just don't see how telling someone I want to keep this short cause I don't think your looking for the same thing I am but let's do this anyway is productive.
    You say that you are not looking for anything serious. Say what you want and then talk about your near plans without including her.

I think I need to first be able to find a way to spot a girl who's willing to go on a date with me so I can say what I want and what my near future plans are.

I think I need to first be able to find a way to spot a girl who's willing to go on a date with me so I can say what I want and what my near future plans are.
    Best way to spot one is to look for a ring, if its not there then go to work.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12