+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Greetings everyone!

Greetings everyone!

Hi everyone! My name is Michael and 40 years old. About seven years ago I was in an automobile accident that left me paralyzed and in a wheelchair.
    I am in my second marriage of seven years. I met my wife about one year after my accident. Unfortunately after 2 1/2 months of living in a physical rehab, I was forced to move into a nursing home. After jumping from one bad nursing home to another I eventually met my present wife.
    I married my wife less than two months after we met, which I am now wondering if it was a mistake (that is very hard for me to say because I believe I really love her). I have a son that his 13 years old and a daughter 11 who reside with my first wife in Michigan where I grew up and live until 1990. I'm currently residing in Sturgeon Missouri (mid Missouri) with my wife and her two daughters 13 and 10.
    A car accident left me paralyzed the chest down and confined to a wheelchair. Fortunately I didn't lose all of the feeling and movement below my chest, and fortunately my equipment still works just fine. I was able to rehabilitate myself to independence after a couple of years.
    I am very athletic and enjoy sports. A couple of years ago I played a season of quad rugby (Murderball) where I developed most of my independence, through the the vigorous exercise, and from meeting other people with similar injuries.
    unfortunately the reason I'm joining this forum is because I feel like my marriage has gone sour, I feel like it was doomed from the start.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hello Michael. Welcome.

I don't understand - are you still living in the nursing home? You said you are independent - why aren't you living with your wife?