+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sense of entitlement

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Welcome to my world, Blue.

Listen, if you ever have to manage these kids, I strongly recommend this book:

[url]http://www.generationme.org/[/url]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I don't get people that think they're 'entitled' to interest (AGAIN with the enititlement....see why I mentioned it?!?). You wouldn't get it if you didn't use the bank. Yeesh.

I feel entitled to interest. The bank uses my money to make investments that make them wealthy. They need my deposit to stay in business.

Which reminds me of an saying I heard when I worked in a bank. According to the “3-6-3 rule,” banks pay 3 percent interest on deposits, charge 6 percent interest on loans, and then head to the golf course at 3 o’clock.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's what web banking is for.

As for paying bank fees (and therefore employee salaries), well I see it this way: If you don't like it, don't use the service. Keep your money under your mattress, see if you get any interest on THAT. I don't get people that think they're 'entitled' to interest (AGAIN with the enititlement....see why I mentioned it?!?). You wouldn't get it if you didn't use the bank. Yeesh.

Yeah, that's idiotic, why would I deposit my money with them if I wouldn't expect reasonable interest?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ugh, Fras. I was addressing the bitching about bankers being 'paid too much' and that our salaries should be cut to give people more interest. The point is, you're given the interest to use the service. To suggest that the employees should cut their wages to give you more of something you wouldn't have had if you chose not to use the service at all is ludicrous.

And for the record Vash, all the bankers I know (my fiance included) work more than their 40 hours a week. No leaving early for golf. And he's pretty 'up there' in the rankings.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Perhaps something your fellow younger colleagues understand is that without people *investing* in the service, y'all don't have a damn job. It's tidbits of knowledge like that which help people rise up earlier in the corporate ladder.

I mean, if there wasn't interest for bank accounts, not many people would invest their money in banks for them to loan out to other people. It's much safer in a safe bolted to the floor in one's house.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ugh, Fras. I was addressing the bitching about bankers being 'paid too much' and that our salaries should be cut to give people more interest. The point is, you're given the interest to use the service. To suggest that the employees should cut their wages to give you more of something you wouldn't have had if you chose not to use the service at all is ludicrous.

And for the record Vash, all the bankers I know (my fiance included) work more than their 40 hours a week. No leaving early for golf. And he's pretty 'up there' in the rankings.
    When I worked in the bank many years ago, the banks DID close at 3:00. That's why it was a joked about.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Perhaps something your fellow younger colleagues understand is that without people *investing* in the service, y'all don't have a damn job. It's tidbits of knowledge like that which help people rise up earlier in the corporate ladder.

I can appreciate your attempt at trying to be a smartass.

People are always going to invest their money, because it's how you make MORE money. We'll never be out of a job. Unfortunately society has made banking a necessity, unless you get paid in cash and keep it all in coffee cans buried in your back yard.

People NEED loans to buy cars and other large things because no one saves anymore. They're credit dependent, and that will never change. You also don't realize that most of the population is completely ignorant about how money and credit and investing works. When I tell them how it works, and how they can make the system work for them I'm doing them a favour. I'm increasing their wealth, which grows the banks books, which gives people jobs and helps stir the economy. Do I feel guilty about an ounce of that? Hell ****ing no.

Doppel dear, methinks you'd never make it in the financial world.

Vash, my bank closes at 8:00 at night.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12