+ Follow This Topic

Thread: tired, confused and in love

tired, confused and in love

i dated a girl for a year and a half or so off and on and we were each others first love her mom and her dad hates me because her mom was a teacher at our high school and i was a problem child we broke up about 3 1/2 years ago but we have remained in touch talking everyonce in a while and hangin out at parties since we have some of the same friends, i am still madly in love with her and i have been engaged since we have split up and she was also in a serious relationship recently my engagement broke up and so did her relationship so we are both single everytime we go to a party or hang out she flirts with me and even my friends see it happening and one time her best friend came to me and told me that the night before she had been crying because me and her made a perfect match and we were so compatible but then she didnt do anything about it, i have tried talking to her about getting back together many times but she refuses even though one night we ended up sleepin on the couch together spooning and kissing all night just to wake up the next morning and act like it never happened she even told me she loved me that night i know she is a pain in the ass and that i should probably just forget about her but she is the one i love, she is the only one i have ever felt this way about i need some advice on what to do we just hung out last night and it went well what do i do now?

If you've asked her to get back together "many times" and her answer is "no," it's time to move on.

Seriously, you're wasting your time. If she wanted to be with you-- she would be. She has the opportunity and she's passing it up.

How long are you going to wait around hoping she changes her mind or says yes?

well i didnt ask her straight up and she never said no we just talked about it a couple times and everytime we did which was about 3 or 4 times she always said it wouldnt work out that things have changed and idk how long i will wait but its going to be as long as it takes im not upfront with her about this or anything she doesnt know i still have feelings for her since the last time we talked about it was over a year ago and ive been engaged since then so i just want to know what do i do next? whats the next step of getting her back

im not asking whether i should or should not go after her because my head is telling me the same thing that you all probably will, to just walk away count your losses and move on but its not that simple i am absolutely in love with the woman i have been for years i need to know how to get her back, i need her