+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She said yes...but..?

She said yes...but..?

Hey ladies,

I asked this girl that I like, who is also a friend of mine, to dinner and a movie the next day and she said yes. I called her the next day to tell her when I would like to pick her up and she said that she forgot she had to study for an exam (its finals and we are in college) with her brother (they are in the same class).

She asked if it would be alright if we just went to dinner instead of both dinner and a movie and so we ended up doing just that. I thought that this might be a sign that she is not interested in me but just wants to be friends but she talked about another event that we were going to do together with friends next week so I'm not sure.

She is not the flirty type but has told me before that we should do something the next night, etc. So I guess what I'm asking and trying to figure out is, is if she said yes to me for the movie dinner thing then isnt she interested in me more than friends?

Help!
    Thanks

Okay, my OPINION so don't bag on me...

If she is telling the truth about the studying then I would say YES SHE IS INTERESTED IN YOU

If she asked to "hang out" outside of where you and her usually socialize, then YES, she is interested in you because she asked to "hang out" besides at school or whatever, am i right? *raises eyebrow*

If she's not interested....

Yes she's trying to keep her distance by saying she's busy and doesn't want to go to the movies... but she still wants to be friends OR she is trying to turn you down lightly...

IF SHE'S not sure about your or doesn't trust you, she's just trying to get to know you better before drawing a conclusion, HOPE MY LITTLE EVALUATION OF DATA HELPED
    "In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing."
    -- Mignon McLaughlin

I appreciate your reply. I am 100% certain that the studying was the truth.

Another problem I am having is wondering how to move foward. Normally, I would just keep asking her out until I was somewhat certain I knew how she felt about me but school is almost out once finals are done here and I wont be able to really see her at all until august.

You should read this thread - it's remarkably similar to yours.

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/29783-does-she-like-me-whats-next.html[/url]

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She didn't want to say no, is all. Once you had confirmed, she then mentioned the studying. She didn't forget. Dinner only instead of both was a good compromise. Sounds like an okay start to me.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I would say that she is interested in you. It sounds like she wants to spend time with you away from your normal friendship circles which is good.

I get the feeling that she also wants to take things slow and see what happens and does not want to put any pressure on it. She realises that school is important and wants to work on that first and see where it goes from there.

Go along to the event with her next week, have fun with her and show her a good time. Every chance that you get, smile at her, look at her in the eyes and touch her shoulders and arms. This also gives her signals that you like her and she will pick up on these.

If she responds well to that and does not stop you from doing it then she def likes you.

If she wasn't interested in you she would have bailed on dinner too with the study excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by alovehangoverr View Post
    If she wasn't interested in you she would have bailed on dinner too with the study excuse.
    Totally agree.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Good luck!

NBT is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Just because she mentioned going to an event with you and other friends next week does NOT mean that she's INTO you. If you're her friend, why WOULDN'T she want to hang out with you? That's NORMAL. So DON'T take it to mean more than it DOES.

YOU like this girl, so you WANT her to like YOU. But the fact is, when a girl likes a guy, it's TERRIBLY OBVIOUS. She goes OUT OF HER WAY to see him most of the time. She's available to him, even when she's NOT available. (There is more but I'm not gonna go into too much detail.)

Don't get your hopes up before you know what is what. That's how feelings get hurt, and friendships get ruined.

NBT is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by struckby View Post
    I appreciate your reply. I am 100% certain that the studying was the truth.

Another problem I am having is wondering how to move foward. Normally, I would just keep asking her out until I was somewhat certain I knew how she felt about me but school is almost out once finals are done here and I wont be able to really see her at all until august.
    why not? don't you have her number, and a car?