+ Follow This Topic

Thread: ok..so what am i?

ok..so what am i?

Hi ladies. This is my first post on this forum and i thought i should go straight to you to find out whats going on...

I have been with my current s/o for about 2 years. Our first year we were labeled as bf/gf and moved in 2gether after about 6 months. 6 months later we split up...and dated others, but not for long. We were apart for about 2 months but kept in close contact and even had physical moments (non sexual, basically cuddling and hand holding) despite our newly found partners. After our 2 month Hiatus we came together again and have been together four about 7 months. My problem is this...she refuses to claim that we are "together" and says we are still both single. We perform the same actions we did when we were "bf/gf", have a good sexual relationship and don't date others. To me..we are definitely "dating" to say the least. But when i bring it up..she says she doens't want to date in fear of a breakup.

What is the world is going through this girls head? And i've waited for 7 months..what can i do now? Sooner or later...we have to advance to something solid...

Thanks!

That's a ridiculous excuse.. she fears a break up so she won't date you, she'll just act like she's dating you and if it ends it'll feel EXACTLY LIKE A BREAK UP.

Honestly, I've used this excuse and I've known people who have used this excuse and it usually translates into this: I'm still looking for something better, so I'm not going to commit to you.

As for what you should do-- stop acting like her boyfriend. Stop hooking up with her. Don't do anything with her until she figures out what she wants.

Why did you break up in the first place?

well, when we "broke up" we had a few issues with my jealousy..and my lack of interest in her friends. And some issues with her of course, but i'll just focus on mine. She claims that if we label our "realationship" that it will go back into the problematic situation it was before. And she claims we're happier currently and doesn't wanna ruin it. She says it's best to say that we're "working on being together" which to me says "dating". But again, neither of us have any outside relationships and spend a great deal of time together. It literally feels like i have a gf, but if you u ask her..she says were "working on things"

This is what I see: she's having a lot of excuses not to make a commitment.

If you want my opinion: step away from her. Leave her be by herself for a while. Either she's hurt and is afraid to commit, either she's a relation addict.

Only one way to find out, that's by leaving her be by herself and see what she does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]