+ Follow This Topic

Thread: need a guys opion on my boyfriend

need a guys opion on my boyfriend

So basically here it is....please give me some advice...im kinda stuck
    My boyfriend and I have been together for a little over 2 1/2 years. I am still in colllege and he has graduated. He is 25 years old and I am 20. It seems like were just stuck right now.
    Basically he has lied and cheated in the past. And still continues to lie about stuff because he kows it will upset me! instead of him just not doing it.
    It seems like he has this obsession with his friends and sometimes the bar. He always has to be with his friends. Dont get me wrong...I LOOOVE hanging out with his friends...were with them every weekend and I have a lot of fun! But he makes no time for me...I just feel like he dont care anymore... He has kind of cut down on the bar a bit but its still just not enough sometimes. The only realtionship we have is on the weekends when we go out and occasionally he will stay with me during the week one night. We live 20 minutes apart, however, he has all the time in the world because HE HAS NO JOB. However, he still manages to not have time for me... He has had some ups and downs, but hes 25 and hasnt had a real job since we have been together....Im ready to get an apartment and move things up a notch with us, but he is still lying and doing nothing to get a job and still lived at home with mom and dad.
    I do everything for him...I really do love him so much...but I just cant give anymore...its definatly not 50 50
    It just drives me crazy. I work everyday and go to class and try to keep my life together and going...but for him...its just a big party...
    I think its time for him to get a job...is that awful of me? He always says its not hurting me by him not working, but I dont want to be with someone who is goign to live off of mom and dad forever....isnt it time for him to grow up?
    He gets so mad at me when I ask if he has checked into any jobs recently...he graduated a little over a year ago from massage school...and he went to like 5 different colleges before he decided what to do...
    We brok up about 6 months ago for a month. I was done with him...then he called with all kinds of promises...no more bar, wants gong to spend his whole life with his friends, he wanted to get an apartment, wanted to just be with me and make me happy. He said how he would do anything....
    I didnt want him to not have a life of his own...i just wanted to be more a part of it then what i was...
    and now we are back here where i feel worthless to him and lower than his friends and the bar...
    is it time to leave for good?

thanks for reading!
    Dani

Quote Originally Posted by dannielle.l View Post
    Basically he has lied and cheated in the past. And still continues to lie about stuff because he kows it will upset me! instead of him just not doing it.

We live 20 minutes apart, however, he has all the time in the world because HE HAS NO JOB. However, he still manages to not have time for me... He has had some ups and downs, but hes 25 and hasnt had a real job since we have been together....Im ready to get an apartment and move things up a notch with us, but he is still lying and doing nothing to get a job and still lived at home with mom and dad.

I do everything for him...I really do love him so much...but I just cant give anymore...its definatly not 50 50

He gets so mad at me when I ask if he has checked into any jobs recently...

We brok up about 6 months ago for a month. I was done with him...then he called with all kinds of promises...no more bar, wants gong to spend his whole life with his friends, he wanted to get an apartment, wanted to just be with me and make me happy. He said how he would do anything....
    How many more red flags do you need before you see that you are being used, manipulated, disrespected and played with?

Dump him, you deserve better.

And be greatfull this happens now and not 15 years down the road.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow, what a sucky relationship. Just dump him.

Alright, let's break this down:

- He cheated on you and lied.

- He's still lying.

- He makes no time for you.

- He has no job and lives with/mooches off of his parents.

- He has no plans to get a job/grow up.

- He made a bunch of promises to get you back and he hasn't followed through with any of them even though he's had 6 months to do so.

Seriously, why are you even bothering? This guy is 25, no plans for the future, doesn't respect you, spends most of his time in bars, and lives with his parents.

Dani,

I know that you like this guy, but you deserve so much better than this. Any guy who does these things right now will not change.

As hard as it is, you need to move on. This isn't a positive relationship for you...unless you want to be with someone who won't work and will lie to you forever. Things like this generally don't change.

Good Luck.

He Love You but he is selfish and wants you to do everything for him. He expects too much from you and maybe you should just tell him straight up that u love him alot and dont wanna break up with him but you want things too move along and he is holding you back from progressing your relationship