Ok.. so I coach my little sisters softball team, or at least I'm one of the coaches. I am mainly there to help the outfielders learn to catch and throw and during games I am first base coach.

Ok, so last night was like the 4th procatice the team has had. Up until last night I was really quiet, and didn't really speak unless I had to. But something made me talk to the girls last night - I kinda opened up. They are all 11-14 years of age, so no, I wasn't flirting or anything like that. In fact, there was a woman on the bleachers a few nights ago (i think last friday) and she looked to be 20-22 years of age and she had two kids. I also noticed she wasnt wearing a ring on her finger... She is very cute and I would like to get to know her, etc etc... She left before practice was over so I didn't see who she was with, nor did I get a chance to talk to her. Last night she was there again, and I think thats the main reason I started talking to the girls.. To find out who she is related to.

Turns out she is Cari's cousin. Thats all I know, I didn't want to ask too many questions. So most of last night I hung out with Cari getting to know her and try to become friends or something with her so that I can eventualy be introduced to her cousin. Sounds like a good plan...

Next thing I know Cari's cousin is gone, she left early again, and Cari (who is 14) is hitting on me. I was like WTF ?! She would always look at me from across the field (she is the catcher for the team), and when I would notice she would smile.. It started to get a bit freaky. Then all of a sudden the pitcher (Cari's sister, Shelby[11]) is starting to flirt too. All of a sudden my plan has backfired. The girl I want to get to know if related to two girls that are 11 and 14 that are hitting on me...

by the end of the night I was talking to all the girls as if they were my sisters. I had them wrapped around my finger. They did as I said, and they didnt complain about anything like they did when the main coach told them to do something. Only the two sisters were flirting, the rest of them just listened to me for whatever reasons.. So by the end of the night the coach had me coach the team for him. Next thing I know I have all the girls pumped up and they are actually playing like they wanted to be there. Coach was amazed at my "ability to lead people" as he put it.

Friday is next practice and I hope Cari's cousin is there. Maybe then I'll find out her name, age, and if she has a b/f. I'll ask Cari these questions.. And if she is single and close to my age, I am gonna try to catch her before she leaves and see if she wants to go out for coffee or something...

So in a way, I guess things are turning out on top. I am gaining connections thru helping others. I have a few more friends - most are 11-14 lol but I am friends with the other assistant coach - I cant remember his name or his age, but we get along like best friends. And when the season is over I am sure him and I will remain friends.

Oh, the wierd thing is that He is Shelby's dad - Shelby is Cari's best friend (they call each other sisters they are so close, or something) - The girl I am interested in is Cari's cousin. So if I get in good with Cari and/or the other coach - I will still always be close to Cari's cousin.. Which is good cause it gives me alot of time to get to know her.

Hrm. That was my crazy night.. I opened up to a bunch of little girls, then I had two of them flirting with me, then I kinda took over the head coaching position for the team.. Oh and when I got home my dad was trying to give me the "speach" about little girls and a 20 y/o guy.. I had to cut him off to explain what I was doing - that I wasnt flirting with these girls... He finally understood.

Ok.. I guess I am done writting now. lol. That's all I got to say about that.