+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Absense makes the heart grow fonder?

Absense makes the heart grow fonder?

Me and my girlfriend had an argument and shes moving away in 3 weeks. She doesnt feel we can sort it out and if the situation was different she would. I know we are madly in love shes just being very practical about things and is the type to think with her head rather than her heart.

I would do anything to still have this amazing girl in my life but she really cant see a way. I know she still loves me and misses me almost as much as I miss her from our mutual friends.

Should I not message her or call her and leae things go and hope she misses me but take the risk of her thinkin i dont care and her moving out of my life in 3 weeks? Or do I message her every now and again to let her know Im thinkin bout her when I know she is the type who would never message me first.

I cant pour my heart out to her and beg her to work on it because Ive already done that and she said if she could see a way she would.

Ansence makes the heart grow fonder?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm sorry to say that it doesn't work that way.

Usually, in someone's absence, you miss them but you start to get preoccupied with other people and things in your life. Bit by bit, your attachment starts to wane.

She is smart to think with her head and not her heart......I think you should do the same.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I'm sorry to say that it doesn't work that way.

Usually, in someone's absence, you miss them but you start to get preoccupied with other people and things in your life. Bit by bit, your attachment starts to wane.

She is smart to think with her head and not her heart......I think you should do the same.
    think with your head and not your heart? but that does not make sense. Doesn't love come from the heart. Thinking from the head has never been good for me because i always end up, over thinking or thinking the wrong thing. I would have to disagree with you. You should always go with your heart, because your heart KNOWS what you want.

Absence makes you forget about the bullshit they force you to put up with when they're around... Thus the grass looks greener when you roll back into town.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."