+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend wants a "break"... help

Girlfriend wants a "break"... help

So I've been with my girlfriend for 7 months now. Everything has gone pretty well. We spend a lot of time together; we even just recently went on vacation together. Today she told me she is confused and wants some space so now we're on a break. The thing is that we started dating not very long after her previous boyfriend who was also a very serious relationship. She says she still loves me but doesn't want to be dependent on someone right now; she thinks she wasn't ready for another serious relationship and jumped into this one with me. She says she loves me but it's not fair to me because she needs space and can't be there for me 100% right now. I told her I understand and to take all the time she needed. But in reality I'm absolutely miserable, but I don't want to tell her that because I'm worried it will scare her away. Any advice?

Well, first of all, you are doing the right thing with giving her space, even if it makes you feel miserable. It's seldon easy to do the right thing. However, it's the mature thing to do. I really have to pat you on the back for that one.

She's doing the right thing for herself to. She doesn't want a rebound and for some reason realized that she went into a relation (with you) way to fast after a breakup. For that, I have to pat her on the shoulder.

The most important part is to realize that whatever will happen, will happen.

There is this saying: "If you love someone, set them free, if they return to you, they're yours."

I suggest to look at this as a possitive experience.

Meanwhile, keep yourself busy with all kinds of stuff, work out, go out, have fun with your friends. Remember life before her?

In time, you'll receive the answers to your questions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The previous reply gets all of her information from books, this is fact. But what also is a strange fact is that she is actually right. Right now is the time to work on you. If you spend time trying to decifer your "relationship" with your ex it will eat you up.

You have to face fact that she does not want to be with you, regardless how she puts it she doesn't want to be with you. It is her choice. Breath and remember that it hurts the most right after the fall and it will begin to feel less and less painful.

p.s. the quote is from DMX who said, if you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours, if it doesn't, it never was.