+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can someone please help me with this one?

Can someone please help me with this one?

ok here the situation, I'm new to a new town where my husband lives. I do not know to many people. He on the other hand knows everyone. I live far from friends and family. I am a stay at home mother of 3. He is off work sick for the moment. However I too am sick.
    I was home alll day by myself as he was out with his friendwhom he see everyday..I was quite ill ( I have endometriotis) He get's home for less then 2 hours I ask him to stay home and help with the baby..but he say's I'm just a phone call away if you need me call me. What should I have done?
    I can't go out I have the kids..plus I barely know anyone..but I hate to argue with him should I tell him how I feel alone in my own home or just leave it?
    I have told him before with no changes..Is it wrong of me to be a little jelous of his friend or am I just being a suck?

You need to find a friend who also has kids and help each other out. This is what women do all over the world. The fact that our offspring are so helpless for so long is a big part of why we've developed the social structure that exists- we need help.

Living in nuclear family units is a very recent development. Most men aren't evolved to the point of taking the same responsibility for the little ones that you do. He probably reasons that he's the breadwinner, and since there's bread, his job is done. Your situation is more the rule than the exception. Sure, we'd WANT to have the kind of men that are nurturing and considerate and would help out with the baby, but those are pretty thin on the ground, really.

Long story short, it doesn't matter if you're being a suck or whatever. It doesn't sound to me like this guy is going to suddenly become a different person, so get off your ass, get out of the house, and go make some mommy friends.
    Spammer Spanker

I think you need to build up a support network. That's not going to happen by sitting home.

Take the kids, prep for the day and go out. You are entitled to having a life.

Also maybe remind your spouse that he's a father and husband to and has certain obligations towards his children and spouse. Work isn't everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My mom said that in parenting classes they tell you that your friends will mostly be the parents of your children's friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...owl eyes

How you going? have you solved your problem?

Have you sorted out your problem? If it is still playing on your mind, and no advice is helping? Did you know you could get immediate online relationship advice by qualified relationship counselors? If you still need help, come visit my site! You will find so much informationand tips aswell that has already work for so many people!
    All the best in your relationship. Getting the right advice will make your relationship blossom!
    just copy and paste my website link above my username, and type it into the address bar on another web page.
    If you do check it out, don't hesitate to contact me and let me know how great your relationship is going!
    Warm Regards, Rebecca