+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Very Confused

Very Confused

Hello everyone, any help anyone can give me would be greatly apprieciated. Me and my girlfriend were together for just over a year, everything seemed to be perfect, she was always happy when we were together, always laughing and smiling, always telling me she loved me, and that I was her one and only. Then one day out of the blue, she tells me we need to take a break because she is not sure if she is still "in love" with me, then she tells me she is going to move in with some guy she works with who she assures me is "just a friend". Her mother told me about a week before we took our break, she heard a song on the radio, and she was saying how she wanted it played at our wedding! Everyone, my family and friends, HER family and friends, all thought she was crazy in love with me, her old friend told me she used to brag me up all the time and everything. Anyways, I left her 2 voicemails and sent her about 4 text messages in the first 2 or 3 days, just saying I was worried about her and I was hoping she would contact me, and she didn't reply until about a week later, saying I didn't have to worry about her. 2 weeks after we went on our break, we had a conversation online and she told me "breaks can last forever", so I just assumed that it was over. I haven't talked with her since then, it's been a whole month now, it's been 2 weeks since we last talked. Everyone tells me she is probably going to come back to me for whatever reason. One of my buddies I work with tell me this guy she is living with is an ass and he will probably treat her like garbage. Anyways, there are two things that keep me wondering if she still has feelings for me or not. On her facebook page, she used to have a picture of us as her main picture, but now it's just her...HOWEVER, she still has pictures of me and her in her "Profile Pictures" page. Also it still says she is in a relationship instead of single. Those are the only two things that keeps me wondering, if it wasn't for that I would just drop it, even though i'm still deeply in love with her and miss her terribly. Anyways if anyone could help me out I would apprieciate it, thank you!
    Last edited by SMG1986; 02-06-09 at 11:52 AM.

Sorry to hear about your situation. I had the same thing happen to me. We were together for four years. This break is a break up. A woman who overnight can do that to you has already had an emotional detachment a long time ago. I would recommend zero contact for awhile let her call you. In the mean time enjoy someone else's company. You shouldn't have to force someone to be with you, it should come naturally.
    Finally don't beg her or scare her. Back off for awhile this is the best strategy I've learned. Goodluck

I'm sorry bro, but it sounds like it's over. Not to sound cliche but "been there done that." There was a girl that I dated that I was sooo in love with. We had literally discussed everything down to how many kids we want, what there names will be, where we're gonna live after marraige, etc etc... and out of the blue she just ends it with no explanation. Didn't answer my phone calls, e-mails, nothing. So I just felt so hurt and confused for the longest time. Eventually though I just had to let it go and move on, and once I did this I found a peace and a calm inside that I hadn't felt for months... And probably 5 or 6 months later she contacted me and I was totally over her.

Thanks for the advice, guys! She contacted me on MSN today, it was the first time in 3 weeks that we talked, all she said was "Hey" then I said "Hi" and asked her what was up, then she said "not much" and then she said "I can't talk now", then I just said it was okay because I had to go anyway, then we said bye, so I thought that was kind of.....odd, what could that mean??? It's probably nothing, right?

My guess is that her new guy walked in.

Anyways, if you want my advice: find yourself a girl who respects you and doesn't doubt her feelings for you.

As far as it comes to her: she had you, she dumped you, her loss.

Don't you think you deserve better than someone who acts so immature in a relation?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You seem like a really nice guy and I'm sorry this girl hurt you. I know it is easier said then done, but I would just move on.
    I am confused as to why she is moving in with this "friend" from work. That doesn't make sense. Sometimes people change, and you may never get an answer why but you have to accept it.
    Do NOT message or call her anymore. I made this mistake with past boyfriends, i makes things worse and drives them away.
    If she still cares she will eventually call you if she doesn't hear from you in a while. If she does I hope you will be smart enugh to either not answer. If you do answer make sure she knows that you are fine without her...even if you're not.
    Please don't hold onto hope because to the whole facebook thing. It probably just hasn't crossed her mind to change the status or delete the pictures.