+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hurricane Ivan

Above all the bad news shines the best news that you are okay and will be joining us soon. You've got some hard work ahead of you, Jules, but whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and you will come out of this a much, much stronger person.

We'll read you soon..

Well I should be losing my phone line any minute...the tree cutters are in my neighborhood and won't be able to get the truck by the sagging line so it will have to go.

Thanks for the kind words - I just wanted to say that I consider myself one of the lucky ones. Thanks to friends and neighbors things haven't been too bad. I have a roof over my head, ac and limited power, a grill to cook on - things could definately be much worse and sadly for many people they are.

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

W00H00 !!! Ivan is comming to HOUSTON !!! YEAH !!!!!

Although its prolly going to be a repaet of Huricane Alisha (sp?) - that one just sat on top of us and spun for days if not weeks and all we got was major flooding - hardly any wind damage at all....

I'm hoping for some wind damage.. hehehe
    Attached Images Attached Images

Billy, you are strange. Anyway, did you see what that little bastard did? As if a first run through wasn't enough, Ivan went through another loop into the Gulf! I have never seen that before. And that Jeanne, have you seen the damage in Haiti? So many lives lost. Thank goodness you're okay Jules, good luck to you in the rest of this season.
    I have seen the mystics play there,
    Once or twice but I knew they had a reason.
    Enchantment plays it's cards all right,
    Hand in hand with the working of the seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rêveur
    ...Ivan went through another loop into the Gulf! I have never seen that before...
    It happens more often than you think. Alisha did the same thing. I don't remeber the exact path it took, but I do know it did a loop in the Gulf after hitting Mexico first ot something, then it came and hit us and seemed to just have stopped on top of us. The meteorologists expected it to turn around ontop of us and go back into the gulf. It never did that tho, it just sat on top of us until it died.

are you serious i havent been watching the news i saw something this morning that there night be another headed for florida... hey billy keep you kids safe k?

yeah - this was a weird one - thats for sure. Came up, missed Florida, barely. Hit east LA - west FL panhandle. Went up, and turned thru Atlanta, GA. Caused havoc all thruout the souetheast. It then goes back out into the Atlantic (or maybe Gulf - I'm am getting mixed responses from radio/tv/internet) then turns again back up into the Gulf and is headed Straight for HOUSTON. It's like the first tour wasnt enough, so it has to come back to visit us all again. hehe.

However, it IS alot weaker than it was the first trip thru, but they are expecting it to build up thru out the day. Although, it is not going to be as nearly as bad as it was for LA-FL people. We will just get strong wind gusts, and a shit load of rain. And seeing that our ground is so ****ed up as it is, we will get flooding BADLY. Hell, it floods if it rains for 15 minutes straight here. Imagine a few days of raining, much like Alisha..

Wait a minute... Now i am unsure if the past one was Alisha or Alison. I cant remember now...

**** it. I'm happy. The Gods smile down upon me today. I got my wish. I'm getting my hurricane.

And don't worry, blue. My kids are in very good hands when they are with me. Nothing will ever happen to them.

God !! I cant wait for tonight now ! It's my Dad's bday too ! how weird... I'm going to give him his gifts and all that good crap, then I am going out to get Elena, then I am gonna go play in the storm with her ! oh man ! fun times !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12