+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do you think?

What do you think?

I just moved to a new city and thought I'd try this whole online dating thing out since school doesn't start up for another month. So far it's been sketchy, I've been on a few dates and they have all turned out pretty weird. Anyways I got a message from one girl on there who was my age and not only was she attractive she seemed like she had a something actually going on upstairs. She messaged me on a Sat night and ended up giving me her screen name. We didn't talk on the messenger until Tues. The talk went very well on Tues and she left it with I'll talk to you later. I would message her every other day just saying what's up, or how are you, with no response. I don't want to come off as a creepy person or a needy person. So on Sunday I asked her if she still wanted to talk some more and she said she didn't get my other messages, we talked for a little bit and she invited me to come out to a club the next sat and "look for her". That's pretty much where it ended.

Now why is there such a long period of time in between convos, she has recently gone on dates with other guys from this site in short notice. I'm not sure if she is uninterested and being nice, or trying to play hard to get.

I don't want to message her anymore, I feel I've made most of the effort up to this point and that she should make the next move.
    What do you think?
    Last edited by tim2963; 03-08-09 at 08:47 PM.

sounds like an attention h***. it seems to me like she's just fishing for any attention she can get and see who chases her to basically flatter her ego. i wouldn't waste my time if i were you. i even suggest you block her. cause trust me if you don't block her, but don't pay attention to her, i can almost guarantee she will be messaging you very soon. of course if you are bored on vacation and wanna try playing some games, go for it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by tim2963 View Post

Now why is there such a long period of time in between convos,
    It could be any of a hundred reasons. Maybe she's got a life and stuff going on, and doesn't spend every day glued to her computer. Maybe she has a roommate who logs on to her dating profile when she's not home. Maybe she had a power outage. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by tim2963 View Post

...she has recently gone on dates with other guys from this site in short notice.
    How do you know that? Did she tell you that?
    Spammer Spanker

One of the first things I learned about online dating last year was that most of those who you meet will have others that they are currently seeing, or plan to see. Your friend likely did not stop seeing other guys once she met you. She is likely playing the field, which makes it difficult for you to get all of her attention. In this way, online dating is a hit and miss proposition where you have to keep dating women until you get the right one who regards you better than all the others she has dated. It took me over four months of frustration to finally find the right one who chose me over all other guys she had and was dating when I met her. Good luck to you.
    Last edited by Tunstall; 04-08-09 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    It could be any of a hundred reasons. Maybe she's got a life and stuff going on, and doesn't spend every day glued to her computer. Maybe she has a roommate who logs on to her dating profile when she's not home. Maybe she had a power outage. Who knows?

How do you know that? Did she tell you that?

yea she told me and you could be 100% right, thanks for the input. I just feel that if you were somewhat interested you would make an effort to strike up a conversation, without me having to make the first step all the time.
    Last edited by tim2963; 04-08-09 at 09:42 AM.