+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I just asking too much?

Am I just asking too much?

Hi guys,

My girlfriend has this weird 'tendency' of not picking up calls. I can understand at times why she's unable to pick up my calls, e.g. at work, sleeping etc. But the frustrating part is that she does not tell me before hand and I'm just left wondering what she's doing there and why isn't she picking up my calls. Another thing is she doesn't call back, she will only explain to me when I see her online the next day or something.

With that, I called her last night and she did not pick up my call. 30 mins later, I got a text from her and she asked me if I called her because I used Skype phone. So I called her back and there we go again. I called her back again a few times and no answer at all. I was pretty frustrated and all.

The next day, I got no text message or call back from her. When I saw her online, she told me that she wasn't feeling well and she went to sleep early. And she was unable to call me in the morning because she was in the hospital.

Then I argued with her and asked her why she can't she send me a simple text message to tell me she's heading to bed. There was no text message or a call back before or after she's out from the hospital. And she says that I'm being not understanding and that I'm expecting too much out of her even when she's feeling unwell.

Now, how do I know when she's feeling unwell, that's the purpose of me of finding out how she's doing by calling her.

Am I really asking much from her when all I wanted to talk to her and care for her. I really love her and I don't want to lose her or leave us in a limbo over this.
    Last edited by notthestig; 07-08-09 at 02:53 AM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Tell her you would like her to communicate more. Suggest a simple schedule. She may need some reminding until she learns the habit.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by notthestig View Post
    Hi guys,

My girlfriend has this weird 'tendency' of not picking up calls. I can understand at times why she's unable to pick up my calls, e.g. at work, sleeping etc.
    Moron, she doesn't like you. I text/call at work all the time. I care more about others than I do my work. Because I actually have a heart unlike your gf it seems.

With that, I called her last night and she did not pick up my call. 30 mins later, I got a text from her and she asked me if I called her because I used Skype phone. So I called her back and there we go again. I called her back again a few times and no answer at all. I was pretty frustrated and all.
    She's not into youX2

Then I argued with her and asked her why she can't she send me a simple text message to tell me she's heading to bed. There was no text message or a call back before or after she's out from the hospital. And she says that I'm being not understanding and that I'm expecting too much out of her even when she's feeling unwell.
    I smell mega bullshit. I think she is bullshitting you.

Now, how do I know when she's feeling unwell, that's the purpose of me of finding out how she's doing by calling her.
    You don't and you have every right to be pissed the hell off.

Am I really asking much from her when all I wanted to talk to her and care for her. I really love her and I don't want to lose her or leave us in a limbo over this.
    Not at all. She sounds like a loser and she sounds like she doesn't really like you. I would say screw it. Dump her. I would. What if you had an emergency and she didn't pick up? Think about it.
    Last edited by Raze; 07-08-09 at 03:01 AM.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

stop calling her. stop texting her. don't answer her calls. don't answer her texts. and then come back here and tell us what happens.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

you did not tell us when the relationship started(i mean the time the relationship has lasted) anyway, be patient with her, give her some break, then make up with her to see what she has for you. "love is reciprocal"
    [URL="http://jidekan.makingup.hop.clickbank.net"]The Best Way To Have Your Love Back[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Tell her you would like her to communicate more. Suggest a simple schedule. She may need some reminding until she learns the habit.
    I'm on a long distance relationship with her. Sometimes its hard for us to coordinate our timing. She thinks that I'm asking too much when all I need is a simple text message. Would reminding her that we need to communicate more demands even more?

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    stop calling her. stop texting her. don't answer her calls. don't answer her texts. and then come back here and tell us what happens.
    I love her and its really hard for me if I ignore her just to find out what her reactions will be. That's just doing to others what you don't want to be done unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by jidekanluv View Post
    you did not tell us when the relationship started(i mean the time the relationship has lasted) anyway, be patient with her, give her some break, then make up with her to see what she has for you. "love is reciprocal"
    I had been more than patient. When I was going after her, she did not answer my calls too. When I got together with her, I thought things would change but then the same thing happens. There was once I called her 26 times in 1 night and there was no answer at all. I began to doubt if she ever cared for me at all. Then I reasoned with myself that she may be busy. But time and time again she did this to me, have I not being patient?

Love is reciprocal, yes, but where is the reciprocality if everything around this argument revolves around her (she's not feeling well, she's busy, she wants her own time) when all I ask for is a simple text message so that I would stop calling her n times a day to find out what she's up to.
    Last edited by notthestig; 07-08-09 at 11:06 AM.