+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How can I get this girl?

How can I get this girl?

Hello,

Last school year a girl in my class showed real interest in me, I think she's great as well. However, I have low self-esteem because I'm cross-eyed on one eye (which doesn't look good). Otherwise I look good, above average. I even overheard that girl tellingher best friend that she liked me.

However now school starts in a week or so. I'd like to see if the girl is still interested in me. What's the best approach?

One "plan" I have: School starts on a Wednesday, I'll seeif she shows any itnerest. if she does, at the end of that Friday's school, I'll kiss her spontaneously and tell her that I like her, give her my number (she lives like an hour away so we don't know each other THAT well) and some time to think... Good plan?

I don't know if you should kiss her (on the lips) and tell her all that fast brah.

I kiss women on the cheek a lot.

How old are ya Gsaa? It will help me figure out what i'd do lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GSAA View Post
    One "plan" I have: School starts on a Wednesday, I'll seeif she shows any itnerest. if she does, at the end of that Friday's school, I'll kiss her spontaneously and tell her that I like her, give her my number (she lives like an hour away so we don't know each other THAT well) and some time to think... Good plan?
    Don't give her your number, ask her for hers.

I also agree with MNG, kiss on the cheek is a well recognized cultural gesture, you should probably start with that. Once you get to know her a bit more and both of you feel more comfortable around each other then go for the kiss on the lips. Doing it from the get go may send a wrong message and lead to misunderstanding.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz3 View Post
    How old are ya Gsaa? It will help me figure out what i'd do lol.
    I'll be 18 in about a month.

But shoudln't I tell her that I like her in a girlfriend-kind-of way when I only kiss her on the cheek? Should I wait to let her think?
    Last edited by GSAA; 13-08-09 at 12:49 PM.

I'd just talk to her. Say hi, be cool, ask how her summer went. Don't say anything about liking her. Save getting the number for a little later. Just have a few light/fun conversations over a few days, maybe a week. You'll be able to tell if she is receptive to you in a good way. Then after you've chit chatted a few times just ask for her number. Wait a couple days and give her a call.

follow these steps:

1) initiate convo with her (e.g. "how do you like your new classes?")
    2) keep it brief. No more than 5 min. tops. Avoid "yes/no" questions. <-- where 1averagejoe failed.
    3) end convo on high note. If you see an opportunity sooner than 5 min, then take it.
    4) number close (e.g. "you seem pretty chill. We should hang out sometime.")

if she likes you, then she will give you her digits. If she doesn't offer her number, then walk away.

^^ Good advice. This is what I do and it always works.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    follow these steps:

1) initiate convo with her (e.g. "how do you like your new classes?")
    2) keep it brief. No more than 5 min. tops. Avoid "yes/no" questions. <-- where 1averagejoe failed.
    3) end convo on high note. If you see an opportunity sooner than 5 min, then take it.
    4) number close (e.g. "you seem pretty chill. We should hang out sometime.")

if she likes you, then she will give you her digits. If she doesn't offer her number, then walk away.
    OK, thanks for your help. What's the next step to prove I don't wanna be in the "friend zone"?

GSAA says:

"OK, thanks for your help. What's the next step to prove I don't wanna be in the "friend zone"?"

if she gives you her number, then wait a couple days and invite her to meet up somewhere neutral like mini golf or the park.