+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is my "friend" being a JERK and ignoring me at times?

friends in common

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Why would you want to keep his friendship? That's beyond me.

Well I didnt tell you guys, but the reason is basically that we have LOTS of friends in common. It is literally not possible for me to just ignore him and pretend he doesn't exist. My best friend is also one of his best friends. Meaning we often hang out in a group of friends, and it would make it a lot easier if me and him at least could "pretend" being friends.

If I had a choice, I'd rather never ever ever see him again. But that is not an option, like I just explained. And I am not going to ditch the rest of my friends just because of him.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Or better yet, really stop caring. People will take what they give you, this jerk is no exception. Your best 'revenge' is to find happiness in yourself and with someone else.

You cannot *make* someone care. And, if you managed to, it wouldn't be the kind of care you'd want. Either someone cares for you, for their reasons to do with who you are, or they don't. If you do something that manipulates them into 'caring' where they didn't before, beware. Its a selfish care, that is more about them than you.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ellie View Post
    Well I didnt tell you guys, but the reason is basically that we have LOTS of friends in common. It is literally not possible for me to just ignore him and pretend he doesn't exist. My best friend is also one of his best friends. Meaning we often hang out in a group of friends, and it would make it a lot easier if me and him at least could "pretend" being friends.
    There is a significant differenece between being friends with someone and simply tolerating their exsistence without hate.

All you need to do is get along, you don't need to be friends.

As the above poster says- stop caring. That's the only barrier and it's all in your head. Get over him, date a new boy. Let's face the facts- you got played. It happens, pick yourself up, move on, forget him.

But none of what I said includes ditching your friends not to see him.

So if I want to regain some of my former pride, (so he doesnt think he can have me whenever he wants) can I turn the tables by acting a bit like a bitch and turning him down?

I mean, I want to keep his friendship but I want him to stop thinking he can have me anytime anyday.
    It doesn't work that way. Once a person knows they can have you there's no going back. It's like you can't unsend a sent email, once it's out there that's it. Find some body else, there are plenty of guys out there to choose from.

Arggggh I hate guys!! Why do some of you pretend to be nice on the outside when you're all jerks deep inside. Sorry I'm generalizing, but I never met one truly "good guy" in my whole life.

Where are they?
    Hey, if you think that's hard be glad you only date guys, that's nothing compared to some of the women out there. Conniving, devious, selfish, greedy, poisonous, vain, polluted witches. Try dating one of those, you'll be back to dating guys in no time.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12