Several months ago, I became pretty good instant friends with this guy. He and I worked together as partners. When you spend 24 hour shifts with someone you get close pretty fast. Well he and I started talking/texting outside of work for hours each night and until the wee hours of morning. The more I got to know him the more I liked him. Typical. But he showed signs too. We'd flirt. We sit closer and closer to each other. Everything seemed good. I am not one to jump into a relationship. So I just went with the flow. Then she came along. He started texting her. Nothing changed with us. But his texting became more and more frequent with her. He continued to reassure me that he didn't want a relationship. One night in drunken aggravation, I told him, this is the way I feel. Which was no surprise. I kept telling him, don't break my heart, if you want her then tell me. He kept telling me, I am just talking to everyone not committing to anyone. Well about a week and half or less. He was "In A Relationship". I was so pissed and hurt. Why did he tell me one thing and do another. Nothing much changed with us. We still talked for hours. He would be with her, talking to me. When he got drunk one night, I was the one his family called to pick him up, not her. He acted jealous, when I would talk about other guys. I was dying inside. Here he was acting one way with me but is with her. She was lying to him about what kind of person she really was. I found out. Found out not a whole lot of people like her. She is immature. Which showed at an event, that I got yelled at for not talking to her, even though I had never been introduced to her. I know that all came from her because he wouldn't ever see any of that. She was threatened by me. Well a couple of months ago, he got a new position and we didn't see each other much. I took it as my time to stop talking to him and get over him. I talked to him occasionally over those couple months but nothing regularly. I needed time to deal with the whole situation. Well a few weeks ago, we started talking again as we started seeing each other more frequently at work. I realized I miss him. He says he missed talking to me. That is he glad we are talking again. I told him I need a break. He understood and says he just wants to be "damn good friends". I am staying guarded this time though, not putting myself out there too much. But we are not just friends. I know/have seen how he is with his female friends. It is definitely different with me. I am not the only one that sees it either. But I just can't deal with her. Every time I see her I wanna puke. They have been together 3 months now. He doesn't talk about her. I don't know if she knows we are talking again. Why is it that it seems it wants to have his cake and eat it too? I just don't get how he can be with her and then act the way he does with me.