+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unreliable Men

Quote Originally Posted by moonfairy_2002 View Post
    Can you really live like this with him forever? I would try to explain it to just the way Cain said and see if he is willing to try to change.
    I know nobody is perfect but it really does drive me mad. If i cant rely on my boyfriend, who can i rely on?

ahhhhh relationships! Am gonna grow old with lots of cats

An Insular Yuppie Neighborhood in a Big American City
    Quote Originally Posted by KandiJ View Post
    I know nobody is perfect but it really does drive me mad. If i cant rely on my boyfriend, who can i rely on?

You can rely on a new boyfriend, who'll be reliable like a good majority of men.

Quote Originally Posted by KandiJ View Post

I know right! your boyfriend is the person you know that u can call in the middle of the night when your car breaks down to come get u. Reliable!

Quote Originally Posted by moonfairy_2002 View Post
    I know right! your boyfriend is the person you know that u can call in the middle of the night when your car breaks down to come get u. Reliable!
    Reliability is important.

I drove an hour round trip to pick up a girl I'm dating because I didn't want her driving drunk. And then I took her back to her car the next morning. I would hope for the same.
    I don't chase, I replace.

I think it depends on the guy honestly. I was brought up to try and help anyone, for any gf I have had, I would go above and beyond to satisfy what they need, but sometimes this was to my downfall, because I have been deemd as too nice and they break up with me.
    Obviously in your ticket situation you emphasized the ticket part, which I am sure he knew. So it depends on you, is it worth this stress? Some people are just not good at being relied on. No matter how much they try something prevents them. I think it could be honest, or just sheer laziness. How is everything else in your relationship?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There are reliable men & women. He sounds like one that is less so. You'll have to plan for this or find someone more suitable if its a deal-breaker.

In this instance I agree with Miso. You created the car problem before asking him to intervene. Its ultimately your responsibility. Just like if he had trashed your car moving it for you, the insurance company would hold YOU responsible.

That said, did he have a good reason for moving it late? And did he apologize? Even tho its ultimately your responsibility, its still mannerly for him to be somewhat apologetic.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I don't procrastinate on anything. I notice women FLOCK to unreliable men and try to change them. So stop.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I can forgive it once or twice. If it's an ongoing trait, however, I don't think I could put up with that in a relationship. I almost always do what I say I will unless there's some sort of emergency, or I got super busy and forgot.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    There are reliable men & women. He sounds like one that is less so. You'll have to plan for this or find someone more suitable if its a deal-breaker.

In this instance I agree with Miso. You created the car problem before asking him to intervene. Its ultimately your responsibility. Just like if he had trashed your car moving it for you, the insurance company would hold YOU responsible.

That said, did he have a good reason for moving it late? And did he apologize? Even tho its ultimately your responsibility, its still mannerly for him to be somewhat apologetic.
    I agree that it was my responsibilty. I was teaching a 2 hour dance class. If he wasnt there id have moved it after an hour when the girls where having a break, but he offered to do it for me to save me having to get changed etc. He had no reason for moving it late and was really funny with me when i called him and said id got a ticket. However he has now paid it and apologised.

The parking ticket was just a recent example of how i cant rely on him. I find it really frustrating cause if he says he is going to do something and doesnt do it, then if i bring it up again, i sound like im just moaning at him.

What annoyed me most, i was like "hey thanks so much for moving my car i really appreciate it, otherwise id have got a ticket" then a week later i get one in the post! ahhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Positive View Post
    I think it depends on the guy honestly. I was brought up to try and help anyone, for any gf I have had, I would go above and beyond to satisfy what they need, but sometimes this was to my downfall, because I have been deemd as too nice and they break up with me.
    Obviously in your ticket situation you emphasized the ticket part, which I am sure he knew. So it depends on you, is it worth this stress? Some people are just not good at being relied on. No matter how much they try something prevents them. I think it could be honest, or just sheer laziness. How is everything else in your relationship?
    Everything else is great, apart from the 6 hour drive distance between us! (is anyone else in a long distance relationship??)

Too nice?? thats crazy!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This guy sounds like he would be best paired with someone extremely independent, and it sounds like you want to have an interdependent relationship. I don't know that this will be a good match for you in the long run... he may be too frustrating for your personality type.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12