+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex-boyfriend, Ex-friend, and Drama.

Ex-boyfriend, Ex-friend, and Drama.

My ex and I stayed friends for a while after the break-up, mostly because have the same friends and it was a clean, mutual break-up. When we were together, I thought he had feelings for our friend's girlfriend, and I was also friends with the girl. I even addressed the issue with him, and he said he didn't. After we broke up, the two of them started spending a lot of time together. I talked to her about it - she said that I'm her friend and she would never go for him. Finally, she and my friend broke up, and guess who started dating two weeks later....

My friend won't have anything to do with either of them, and I don't blame him. He deserves better than what they did. She admitted to my friend that my ex is a rebound for her, and still sends my friend tons of text messages and tells him she's still in love with him (I've read some of them, what an evil girl!). They were together for four years, and I was with my ex for two.

However, they both lied to my face countless times. I can't forgive lies like that, especially from people I adored (when he tried to apologize, I told him one word can't make up for thousands of false ones). I made sure to give back anything of his I had, and took my things from his house, and I ripped him a new ***hole and left him on his porch, speechless and crying.

It might be silly, but I feel bad. Mind you, I felt tons better right afterward because I had been keeping things bottled up for a year or so - everything I said is true. I know if I continue to hate and feel angry, they win; I'm trying not to feel that way. I just don't want to leave things the way they are - I feel like I'm no better than they are because I was so hateful. I don't want to be friends with either of them, but I don't want to feel bad, either.

Would it be foolish to apologize?

Foolish and pointless. Don't bother. Your group of friends is way too incestuous anyway.
    Spammer Spanker