+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Beginning a long distance relationship

Beginning a long distance relationship

Hey everyone,

This is my first time on these forums, so I'll introduce myself first of all. My names Andy I'm 20 and from the UK. I've basically stumbled across these forums today, looking for advice for my relationship, like im sure most people who visist this site are.

Right well at the moment my relationship is just fine, we've been going out for a year now and its been amazing, however last Sunday we started a long distance relationship - bascially I've gone to Uni and were now about 3 hours apart by car. Its not the end of the world, I'm hoping to be able to see her at least every month but obviously when we were seeing each other 4-5 times a week..its a massive change!

The last weeks been fine, we've been talking on the phone loads and shes been really supportive, telling me to go out and have fun, because obviously I've met insane amounts of new people which has been really fun. Now its not a problem yet, but I not dumb I realise Long Distance Relationships arent easy so I was just looking for some general advice at the moment because I so want this to work out. I've written her a letter today, I'll post it tomorrow, just because its nice talking on the phone but I'm worried we wont be as close as we were before I moved, so im pretty much looking for anything that will keep as close untill eventually we'll live close again. I mean ive got holidays and everything back home with her but hell I just want her to be happy.

Anyways I'm crap at writing stuff like this, so any questions just ask.. and of course helpful advice is really what im looking for..and anyone who's just gonna be like "Its not gonna work **** it," dont bother because although you could be right, I want to give this a go
    Last edited by northernskies; 19-09-09 at 10:38 AM.