+ Follow This Topic

Thread: something that happened to me tha i wanted to share

something that happened to me tha i wanted to share

The following really happened.

The other day I went to the Ocean ave beach to do a lil fishing, just as I always do. I had my cup of coffee, fresh pack of cigs and I was ready to sit there for hours and catch nothing. As I was pulling my rod and gear out of my car, I took notice of an old man, maybe in his late 70’s, sitting on the bench, watching the sea. At first I did’nt think much about it, there are always a ton of ol timers there. So I continued walking towards the lil boardwalk when I noticed that the ol man had the saddest look on his face. I stopped what I was doing and stood there for a second, and I watched this sad old man…watch the sea. He was sitting there, slouched a lil bit., his hands resting on his knees and it seemed as tho every breath he took,, was expelled in a sigh. Most people don’t even notice these things and would walk by and to be honest, normally I would have done the same, but for some reason I noticed. I remember feeling sad for him even tho I did not know what was making him so sad.. it was then that I saw him turning a ring on his finger. It was a wedding ring. Was his love taken from him? Was this the spot that they shared sunsets together? All I can tell you is that watching this old man, I started to feel for the love that I had lost. I began to wish that my love was with me then and there to share the sunset. It was amazing how the expressions of that sad old man could reach out and effect me like that. I did’nt kow his name nor did I know where he was from. All I do know is that at that moment in time, both of our heart shared the same feeling.

As the man sat there, down on the beach, right in front of him, walked two very attractive girls. The two girls could’nt have been older than 19 or 20. they had short shorts and bikinni tops on and I can tell you that the old man did’nt even notice. He just sat there, turning his wedding ring, staring at the sea. At that very moment, I realized what makes a beautiful woman! It’s not the make of her body, the style of her hair, but the way she laughs or the way she might roll over in the night and put her arm across you and hold you. It could also be the way she whispers “ I love you” into your ear or even the cute lil noise she makes when she sneezes. I could tell , that he was in love with a “beautiful woman” and missed her so.

I did’nt know what to do, I wanted to go over to him, put my hand on his shoulder and assure him that I knew how he felt. That everyone at some point has felt the same way. I wanted to tell him a joke to put a smile on his face or maybe just the fact that someone took the minute to be there for him would have brought a smile. Then again, maybe nothing could have brought a smile to the old man. It was at that moment I took notice of a woman, around the same age as the old man emerging from the snack bar. Nomore than maybe 5ft tall, the lil old woman walked towards the man carrying 2 sodas. And my friends what I saw next was amazing. As she sat down next to him, the lil ol man sat right up and the brightest smile came across his face!!! She leaned over and gave him a lil kiss on the lips. The two sat there and had their sodas, not saying a word, and they did’nt have to. I continued to walk and as I apprached them them woman greeted me with a smile and I returned the kindess with a “ hi, how are u” and a smile and continued on my way.
    I know I was wrong about my assumptions about what might have happended to his wife, but there is no denying that what I felt was real. That day I saw REAL love my friends. I saw what it does when it is gone and what it does when it is found! For all I know he could;ve had 10 dollars to his name, but there is one thing for certain……….in my eyes, he was the richest manin the world .

What you just read really happened a couple of days before hurricane frances hit south florida.I hope they are together and healthy. If this reaches the eyes of that old couple, I hope for and wish you the best of luck and happines.
    By scott

Beautiful story and I believe every little comma in it. Great observation, as well.
    Sigh. Anyone who's ever been lucky enough to love and feel loved in return can understand why you wrote it, I guess.
    Good luck, man.

Thank you for sharing a great story. I'm in a relationship and we've been great until recently but I hope it gets better for both of us. Not until now that I realized how much I love her and I wish that I could have been a much better boyfriend. I thought about our good times together which is the very memorable to me. I appreciate her so much and being in love is the best thing in the world.

That was a sweet story. I love seeing old people in love .. it gives me hope ya know? One day my "old man" will be waiting for me to bring him a soda. ... sigh...
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir