+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Continue or quit?

Continue or quit?

I am divorced and had hard times finding someone i would like. I ve been dating this guy for 2 months.He is military and he said he would go to Japan for 2 years in Jan-Feb. Yesterday he called me said he might leave in November. I really like him a lot and would like to stay in touch and see how it will work out. I dont know how to tell him about it. I am afraid to lose him. I just dont know what to do. It is not a problem for me to stay faithful. I was in a situation where i dated a guy for 2 days and then had to part for 1 year...it would lead to marriage, but he died in a car crash. Well, i am just very upset and sad. Want to hear what you have to say...

I personally would break up, remain friends and communicate, but see other people (and allow him to do the same). If he comes back in a few years and you haven't found someone that you feel worthy enough for a good relationship, then go back to him and explain it and hope that he didn't find someone over there. But I wouldn't not date for two years cause of someone that I've dated for 2 months. Especially since you are 25 years old and are a great age to find plenty of single, and maybe even 'relationship worthy' men.

Also keep in mind that when someone is gone for THAT long in a foreign country (especially being military), often they return a different person. He may not even still BE the person you like when he returns.

Rod Steele

I am sorry but i do not find many single men whom I would like to date here. Everybody only wants a "f*ck buddy" and i am not interested! And..after being in Iraq it did not make him a bad person.Dont think anything else will. Also, it hapened in my life, i dated someone for 2 days! and then we parted for a year. We stayed in touch, then got back, planned to get married...but the died in a car crash. I dont know why everybody is so pessimistic. Thanks anyway.

I am sorry but i do not find many single men whom I would like to date here.
    Which is why I said to stay in touch with him.
    And..after being in Iraq it did not make him a bad person.
    I didn't say it'd turn him into a BAD person. Just DIFFERENT. Maybe not who he used to be and maybe no longer what you're interested in. I know military school (not even an actual post, just the military SCHOOL) completely changed me. I see it, others see it, and I've lost some friends and gained others due to the changes.
    Also, it hapened in my life, i dated someone for 2 days! and then we parted for a year. We stayed in touch, then got back, planned to get married...but the died in a car crash.
    I'm sorry to hear that he died, but just cause something like this happened once don't assume that it's going to happen again. You have to treat every situation differently.
    I dont know why everybody is so pessimistic.
    Not pessimistic. REALISTIC.

Rod Steele