+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to talk about

What to talk about

This girl asked for my number when me and my m8 were coming out of maccers a few weeks ago and she was totally gorgeous. We went out on a few dates and I feel perfectly fine around her, we spoke loads about the usual first-date stuff, where were from what we like etc... but now we have been out several times and are holding hands (Woo! lol) but I can't think of anything to talk about any more and the last few times we've been out its been with her or my mates, probably to prevent silences so I presume she is having the same problems with things to say. I have hinted several times about hanging around down her end so I could then talk about that but she hasnt asked yet, she is a bit shy too.

Do you have any advice on what to talk about and how to get past just holding hands? I really like this girl so I don't want to mess things up!

PS. Going out with her and mates in an hour so if a fast response was possible much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by malpass
    This girl asked for my number when me and my m8 were coming out of maccers a few weeks ago and she was totally gorgeous. We went out on a few dates and I feel perfectly fine around her, we spoke loads about the usual first-date stuff, where were from what we like etc... but now we have been out several times and are holding hands (Woo! lol) but I can't think of anything to talk about any more and the last few times we've been out its been with her or my mates, probably to prevent silences so I presume she is having the same problems with things to say. I have hinted several times about hanging around down her end so I could then talk about that but she hasnt asked yet, she is a bit shy too.

Do you have any advice on what to talk about and how to get past just holding hands? I really like this girl so I don't want to mess things up!

PS. Going out with her and mates in an hour so if a fast response was possible much appreciated!
    Just be yourself!! That's the best advice I can give. You probably feel a slight bit intimidated if she's gorgeous but just act like u would everyday!! BE yourself and have fun - tell some good jokes, make eye contact, touch her playfully (not over the top) just signs u like her!! Let me know how u get on!!
    Jakki

thanks for that really helps. Just getting ready to go out now i'll let you know how it goes..

OK we met up last nite with her other 2 mates (bf&gf) and we went to see a film, before hand we had a little talk but had 2 go pretty much straight into the film. We spoke in there a little about general stuff but was mostly me talking to the other guy and her talking to the other girl, every time I tried to speak to her there would be no lasting conversation she would just reply if you know what I mean. All night I was trying to get close to her, leaning over, looking in her eyes while she was watching the film, but most the night she juts sat there on her phone txting and definatly trying to hide it from me! which she never has before. As you do I glanced over every now and then and one text red
    "... n they keep kissin. Thanks for the advice .... l8r"
    and the second time I luked I just made out something like
    "i'm here with mel&dan ... own.x"
    With one message saying thanks for the advice I thought maybe she was shy and we were gona kiss at the end or something thats what the advice was about, but when we left the film she was definately avoiding me, walking in front to mel and dan leaving me behind, and whenever I went around to her side she would shoot across to the other side. The girls went the loo and no doubt spoke about stuff, but with her avoiding me I couldnt stop thinking is she trying to say backoff cuz I don't like you anymore? Even though she is the one always asking to go out before I get a chance to. There wasn't much eye contact that night either and no other contact at all.

I txt her that nite once I got home saying
    "U get home ok? U ok 2n u seemd2b ignoring me av i dun sumit or is it js me? I rly wantd b clos2u 2n but it didnt seem like the rite time X ope ur ok X"

===========================
    UPDATE
    ===========================
    OK we have txt a bit, basically she keeps saying it seems asif I dont want to be close 2 her and shes finding it hard to talk to me saying I dont show my emotions 2 her.

Well i'm not exactly an idle talker I can't make up much you know when you just talk about anything I think thats what she wants. Any advice on what to say or do just to talk about anything, flirting and stuff we never seem to flirt.
    Last edited by malpass; 09-10-04 at 05:44 PM.