+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Boyfriend's bestfriend is a jerk...

Jaylei Guest

Boyfriend's bestfriend is a jerk...

So my bf and I have been together for years... So obviously whenever we have an argument he tells his bestfriend about it at work that night.

Well we had a rough patch a few months back and I literally almost went off on the friend for sticking his nose into OUR business (he called me a hypocrite for not wanting my bf to hang with a girl he hooked up with in the past, whom the friend was hanging with as well) and so basically I dont really like the guy..

Also, my 25yr old bf acts like a bit of a jerk (can be a total douche) when we're all hanging out together.. but I'm not sure if that's normal for guys or not...

So we're all supposed to be going to a large semi-formal cocktail party this weekend, and I'm just curious as to how to best handle this situation. It'll be the first time I've seen the best friend in a few months, and I know I should just be nice and clench my teeth if he makes a rude comment, but does anyone else have any advice or experience with douchey best friends? lol

Ye I Dont Like Some Of My Boyfriends Friends Lol If We Go Out With Them I Just Dont Pay Any Attention To Them Unless They Talk To Me Just try And Enjoy The Night If He Says Anything Rude Just Smile

You're going to be at a cocktail party, be polite and don't let him goad you into a confrontation (ie. be a lady).

Jaylei Guest
    Well, it's a mardi gras "cocktail" party... which translates in the south to "drunk ass people making asses out of themselves while dressed nicely.." lol

But you guys are right... It's just hard for me not to passively aggressively drop smirky comments when someone's being a douche. Hopefully he'll be nice...

I just wonder WHY they're like that? Like little boys who get together and throw rocks at girls... ugh. Another odd thing is that he tends to date girls that MY boyfriend either dated at one time or girls who really liked him.. Isn't that kind of wierd? hmm... lol

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know the history between your BF and his friend, but in my case I've been best friends with the same guy since we were little boys throwing rocks at girls. Some old habits die hard. When we get together we're every bit as obnoxious and immature as we were in those days.

Some of the girls I've been with don't like that. A girl I once knew gave me an ultimatum, "him or me." Note I said girl I once knew. Be very careful when dealing with your BFs friend.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Jaylei Guest
    Yeah, they've only known each other for about 2 years... (My bf and I have known each other for 6)

That's the thing though, they aren't even super close! Its just odd... like they're nicer apart, but when they get together they turn into these wanna-be womanizers who make jerky comments... Its so ass backwards.

And no, I'd never say that to a guy... I just try to avoid hanging with the two of them really.. I always wonder if the best friend's just trying to break us up so he'll have a wingman since he's perpetually single... I dunno, lol