+ Follow This Topic

Thread: should i run!!

should i run!!

ive been dating a really nice guy for about 9 months.. the holidays have been the first ones since he has been divorced...his kids are 24 and 16....the ex sent a xmas gift for him, the older child crys everytime she sees him and the 16 yr old is acting out...is this too much drama or should i wait it out!!

With regards to the kids, you do have to see how hard it is for them, it is a massive re-adjustment seeing their dad with someone else, especially if it was his choice to leave their mother.

How often does he seem them?

As for the 16 year old acting up, dont most at that age?

Have you talked to him about this?

Yeh I guess it depends on how much you like the guy. Either you're willing to accept all elements of his life or you're not. It is incredibly confusing and difficult children of a broken marriage, if you really like this guy you need to understand that...

How old are you both?

I'm assuming you don't have kids of your own, correct?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

If a 24-year-old is crying every time she sees him, there must be some really ugly details to this divorce. Want to clue us in? Did he leave his wife for you?
    Spammer Spanker

I'm dating a divorced guy but the dust has settled and I wouldn't have dated him if he was in the middle of waiting for in to be final or when everyone including kids hadn't really come to terms with what had happened. It sounds too raw,I've been there it will kill you're relationship anyway because he won't be able to stop talking about the divorce or the children and you'll want to talk about other things.

If you're asking the question should I run! I think you know the answer if you're already thinking it.