+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long post! can't deal with my parents. what do i do?

stk is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Long post! can't deal with my parents. what do i do?

Hi, this is a long post, but I hope some of you take some time to read it and hopefully give me some advice.

I am a college senior. Even though I have been raised outside of the United States, I identify myself as an Asian-American heterosexual male because I have western values. I have always disagreed with my parents over my preference of females. My parents want me to exclusively date Korean girls raised in Korea. On the other hand, I prefer white girls, hispanic girls, and korean girls raised in the United States. I feel more attracted to and more comfortable around them than around Korean girls raised in Korea. Currently there are a few attractive females at my college that really like me, and I may eventually end up going out with one of them. However, my parents neither envision nor approve that potential relationship, especially my mom. This is what my mom said to me this morning while we argued:

"You act like Tiger Woods. you are always after white girls (which is not true). You gotta realize that they just try to use you. You think they like you genuinely? You think their parents will like you? You are a moron"

I am really tired of dealing with them. I don't choose to like or dislike something!

They are effing nuts. They often ask me if I am asexual only because I don't try to meet girls when I am home. They falsely believe that I don't know how to interact with females. My effing ridiculous dad set me up a date with the daughter of some person that he knows. I was like WTF!?? Now my parents and I are arguing because I don't want this at all.

I can't wait to go back to school where my girlies are. I need to get the f out of here. I am not going back to school for another 3 weeks. How can I cope with my situation?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What's the big deal? If you are at home, have nothing to do, and don't have a girlfriend, go on the dates your dad sets up. You never know - you might be pleasantly surprised. Then when you go back to school, date who you like.

It's called "keeping the peace".

BTW - I don't know why you find it necessary to argue with your mom. You live away from their home 3/4 of the time, and can do what you like. Just kiss her, tell her you love her, and go catch a movie or something.

Your love life is your business, not theirs. They need to learn to deal with it! If they are asking too many questions you say , "its my business, not yours, I'm a grown man now and can make my own decisions."
    "You are a reflection of your friends (and lovers)"

Who cares what your parents think? You have to live for yourself and your happiness and not anyone else. Your choice for your love life won't kill you so there is no need to beast about it.

So this set up date... it's no big deal right? This date won't bind you two in marriage. So what is it going to hurt? Don't mislead the female. Just let her know you are there to have a good time. Nothing more and nothing less. Go on the date and be myself.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, open confrontation with the people who are financially supporting you and who come from a traditional background is very wise advice. (rolling eyes)

Just smile and nod your head. Then do whatever you want.