+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this really what love is?

Is this really what love is?

Hi I have been dating this guy for about a year and 3 months. He has never told me he loved me...and when I said it to him (when I was drunk) he did not say it back....he said "aw your so sweet babe" but things get more complicated. He dated his ex for 4 years...and it was his first love...and if he had a choice, they wouldn't even be broken up. She had to leave the country for med school. But i find out that during our first few months together, his ex comes back for the holidays and they hung out and he did not even tell me...i had to find out through my friends that were mutual friends to his ex. So we ended up having a huge fight over this and then he tells me when they were broken up they were still tight as friends and he went to visit her over where she was studying....what kind of friend would go the extra mile to visit an ex thats not even in the same country? He obviously still cares about her. He reassures me that everything will be ok and that he doesnt think about her...but what guy wouldnt say stuff we want to hear? Am I just stressing out for nothing or should i not pursue this any further?

So after a year, no "I love you"? He hid seeing his ex on holidays and even traveled overseas to see her. This doesn't sound good. Honestly..it sounds like he's just using you as a space saver. When his ex comes back from her studies, I think he's going to try to go back to her. I wouldn't pursue it.

^ pretty much this. He seems to be far from being over his ex. Unless you're content with being his back-up girl until she comes back, it's probably time to confront him... and probably ditch him.

I feel for you, this is quite an unfortunate situation. Guys can be real a**holes sometimes. =(
    Time to stop complaining when there is no reason to. Life's good, man.