+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why did she say this?

Why did she say this?

I dont know, maybe I am just down today.. My girlfriend and I are both 24 years old. Ourur relationship is good now, but 2 months ago my girlfriend was being grouchy and I got frustrated with her. It turned into us being mad at each other and talking deep about our feelings. I asked her if she is ready to go on to the next thing "engagement" and she said that we should wait untill we are sure sure and not just sure. I was taking back by this comment since we have discussed marriage plenty and she has told me she is ready 3 or 4 times before. I remember asking her if she meant that and then saying that we must be on different levels in the relationship because I was sure and now she wasnt. I suggested after moments of talking with her that maybe we should just take a break, I was frustrated, upset and wanted to step back from the relationship. She said No! and "why would I ever say something like that" about 4 hours later, after we hadnt talked one word she pushed me into a corner and begged me to forgive her for what she said, she didnt mean it and wishes more than anything she could take it back. I told her to forget about it and lets just leave it in the past. However I still dwelled on it and days later she could tell something was wrong and so she cuddled closer and pleaded that I forget about what she had said that she doesnt know what she was thinking and its not how she feels at all.

So why 2 months later is it still bothering me... I guess I think that maybe she had some underlying reason for saying it... Is there anyone who can make a suggestion or give some advice and tell me what they believe it is.

I would really appreciate it.

Your gf sounds likes she's confused and doesn't really knows what she wants. If its bothering you this much, then maybe it would be best to talk to her about it. Surely keeping pent up feelings and doubts about the relationship wont do you any good.

sry wrong spot...
    Last edited by i dunno; 06-01-10 at 01:41 PM.