+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to Hold Back Love?

How to Hold Back Love?

Hi,
    There's this girl I met in the summer at a gathering, and we had the most magical time together; skinning dipping, walking around the town, kissing, looking into each others eyes. It was the best summer I've ever had. I think I fell in love. I figured out after the gathering that she lives a hundred miles away from me, and we went on 3 dates after that, one she drove to see me the rest I went to see her. Each one was more perfect than the last.

We haven't seen each other since. We were talking like lovers in the beginning, but after the third date she really hurt me by putting off seeing each other, while still making me believe she really wanted to see me. I know that if she really did want to see me, she couldve found a away. Even though she said the greatest things about me, that she never thought a handsome guy would treat her so nicely, and she loves how I touch her and look at her, and more, it seems like she was falling out of love. Or not appreciating me. So I gave up on her, and started ignoring her texts after Christmas. I wanted her to get the feeling that its either something special between us, or nothing. I can't take friendship with someone who I really burn for in my heart.

So right now, I haven't really solved anything with her; I don't know if she wants to see me still, I don't know if she loves me like she used to. But I can't be a love fool. I can't go to her crying with my emotions. I need to hold back, at least for now. Our love wouldn't work for now, at least for a couple months. So for the time-being, I need to move on. How do I put a towel over this love for now, that I know would drive her away forever, and take it off when the time is right? How do I get my mind off her for now?

Thank you

I can't take friendship with someone who I really burn for in my heart.
    I feel you....
    I was foolish to show all my emotions in front of her, and I messed it up. Now she doesn't even want to talk to me. Worse than a friend....
    If you really "LOVE" her? I think you can wait for the ans...If you really want to hold back, I don't really know then....i'm asking myself the same question..
    Last edited by mglsun; 17-01-10 at 11:31 AM.