+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help with a New relationship

Help with a New relationship

im in a new relationship, we have been friends for over 6 years and have always spoke here and there, a few months ago we have decided to get into a relationship, and see where it goes. now the odd thing is i don't talk to him everyday (which im use too in past relationships), he jokes around about stupid stuff, ie other girls.

also, we have a 7 year age difference. i am 20. he is 27.

and background info.
    im the first girl he has been with in 3 years, before that he was in a 7 year serious relationship. he has plenty of chances in the past to get with other girls, but never did. i am the first, since his ex. we live an hour apart and he spends days at my house.

an example of all this is.
    he was at my house for 4 days the last week, this week he stayed at his friends house for 3 days, which i didn't hear from him except for when he told me he was going to hang out with him on day 1, and than i spoke to him for the following days, and yesterday (saturday) we spent the whole day together with my best friend. and now i haven't heard from him.

i just want to know if im in the wrong and should just give him space or what you think is going on, is it the age difference? i don't believe he is cheating or anything like that because of the way he speaks about certain topics.

thanks!
    ashphobiax

It's not an age thing, about 95% sure on that one.

Is the way he's acting now different than when you guys were friends? Or is it more like you guys are still friends but now you're sleeping together? Might take some time to adjust to the relationship that's formed, 6 years is a long time, even if he is a guy that wants to jump your bones.

it's the same for the most part, i just think he hasn't adjusted to a relationship, but is it weird for him to not want to talk everyday, but than again he talks about moving in together and what not and he thinks about future things...maybe it's just a new thing? he always says if theres a problem im going to let you know and he hasn't said anything, and he just goes and hangs out with his friends and what not.

you said it's been three years? he's probably not used to being in a relationship again, he doesn't quite know how to handle it. he can't treat you like his ex, because things aren't yet as serious as they were with her, and he doesn't really remember what a new relationship is like.
    wait him out
    give him a chance to rediscover his relationship face.