+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does this guy want from me?

What does this guy want from me?

I recently met a guy and he is outgoing and I am shy. At first we talked by teasing and joking around. Then he started avoiding me whenever I would try to talk to him so I left hm alone. I got the sign he did not want to be friends etc. Then he began to be super nice started talking to me again. Now he shows signs of liking me starring at me, moved in closer to my personal space, makes an attempt to be where I am ... wants to be around me, smiles and winks at me frequently even tries to talk to me whenever we pass by in the hallway.Also he treats me different from the other girls. Example he will joke / tease and even talk with everyone else when there is a crowd of people around. He does not joke/ tease me he acts real serious around me. However; we both do not talk to each other when we are around people we know in a crowd. My problem is I am so shy and afraid of getting hurt. There are times I can talk and flirt with him. I also sometimes become nervous can not speak to him. The other day we had lunch together alone and we both were very comfortable and relaxed. I came out of my shell and opened up to him which he really liked. Do you think he is just being friendly or he likes me. I feel like he does know I like him because I look at him ever time I walk by. He seems to be very patient but I know how he will wait because he might just move on. What does he want from me? Is he wanting me to approach him and start a conversation? Or is he giving me space by taking things slow?

Where is this happening? ("hallways") At work or at school or somewhere else? If it's at work, it's possible that he is worried about getting in trouble for dating a co-worker.

From an outsider looking in, it seems that he likes you but doesn't want a relationship. If he did, he would have made the move already. I think he wants to keep you in the "more than friends" but not girlfriend zone. MY advice, do the test. Go out with another guy and see if he's jealous. If he is, chances are he likes you. If he doesn't care then... it's time to move on