+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love Help

Love Help

My story is a long one, so sit back.

My names will and the girl I love is Lily. We've been going on and off for 6 months and she loves me too. We talk all the time and have a fun time doing that, but at times we both tend to be sassy. Well, in early november, we broke up and I went to a dance and hooked up with a girl. This girl who had a crush on me and I was well just plain stupid. I regret this, but when lily asked how the dance was and if I hooked up, I replied no. With that one word, that one word, I made it worse. She finds I did and then she doesn't trust me. Which, I understand. I regret the incident and so I've learned. Then we dated again, and broke up again (reason unclear) but she got a new boyfriend. This new guy, whom she dated for 1 day, lived kinda far. So, at a party Lily was talking about he and I and which one she liked more. She chose me, dumped him and we went out again. Now, today is the 30th of January and I just got home from a party at Lily's house. We talked, and she flat out told me she's in love with me and when I go to college she'll be heartbroken, but I will too.Being a male, I probably will not dwell on the situation as long and with a change of scenery I will be better able to remember the good times and not want to have her. One thing, If I get into Seattle, I'll start in late September and thats round 7-8 monthes between getting ready. So, we both love each other and I just want to make every day count with her, I've been told I should just try and forget, but she has something that no other girl has, she's made me cry and if she can do that, without telling me she hates me; then there must be something there. So, if you would; please tell me what you think. I know if we keep up like this for 8 months its going to be so hard, but I just cant forget about her now.

My friend, you're probably going to be shooting yourself when you do go off to college, but let's face the facts here. You will move on. You'll fall in love again. I'm sure Lily is a wonderful lass and that you two are a great couple but ask yourself if it's right for you to dwell on things.

I'll be frank, it sounds as though you have your mind made up as to what to do. I suspect that no matter what advice we give, you'll still stay with her as long as you possibly can and things will end hard when they do end. My advice is to simply stay optimistic. Not about her, but about life in general. You're going to Seattle, a beautiful city that I had the privilege to visit recently on a road trip and it's an exciting place. You're going to meet a lot of new people and experience all sorts of insane new things. So live up the good times with her for now, be 100% honest with her about what you want, what your future plans are and how she fits into them and then just enjoy the rest of your time before College.

Thanks, I'll do my best!