+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do girls want only money?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    To be fair, she is young. She may not fully comprehend the value of money, and may not have the vaguest idea you are struggling, or to what extent. It isn't her fault that you chose to spend so much cash. Next time, take her somewhere you can afford without remorse.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

we don't only want money. we want big penises too.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    To be fair, she is young. She may not fully comprehend the value of money, and may not have the vaguest idea you are struggling, or to what extent. It isn't her fault that you chose to spend so much cash. Next time, take her somewhere you can afford without remorse.
    Yeah, I dont blame her. It was my fault for spending so much money like that. Part of me is still living in the past when I could do things like that on a regular basis. I'm able to keep my personal life on a more modest level nowadays, but when it comes to girls, I still try and spoil them like I did my ex when I had more cash. Just another change I've got to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtoast View Post
    Yeah, I dont blame her. It was my fault for spending so much money like that. Part of me is still living in the past when I could do things like that on a regular basis. I'm able to keep my personal life on a more modest level nowadays, but when it comes to girls, I still try and spoil them like I did my ex when I had more cash. Just another change I've got to implement.
    For that price i hope you got some kobe beef or something.. ouch, pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by all alone View Post
    For that price i hope you got some kobe beef or something.. ouch, pricey.
    filet and lobster

saki bombs were $$ there too

Although my choice of university majors (physics, computer science) practically ensures that I will make a lot of money, I would NEVER support a woman to "stay at home," as per vashti. I like to cook, and I like to play games. I would be extremely jealous that my wife got to spend more time with the kids than me. I think it's a sexist double-standard that no women will tolerate a stay-at-home dad. If we go out on a date, and you don't wanna go Dutch, the date is over. And if I ever suspected that the girl in question would not go out with me if my earning potential were significantly less, I would leave immediately. No lazy bitches for me, please.
    Last edited by SirWagginston; 12-02-10 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirWagginston View Post
    Although my choice of university majors (physics, computer science) practically ensures that I will make a lot of money, I would NEVER support a woman to "stay at home," as per vashti. I like to cook, and I like to play games. I would be extremely jealous that my wife got to spend more time with the kids than me. I think it's a sexist double-standard that no women will tolerate a stay-at-home dad. If we go out on a date, and you don't wanna go Dutch, the date is over. And if I ever suspect that the girl in question would not go out with me if my earning potential were significantly less, I would leave immediately. No lazy bitches for me, please.
    Have you actually ever done the "stay at home" thing? Not a pretty site especially when kids are young and you have to continually watch what they do. On top of that there's cooking, cleaning and all kinds of other shit to do. You make it sound like they're having a great time being at home. I would rather be at work especially if it's something i love doing.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Although my choice of university majors (physics, computer science) practically ensures that I will make a lot of money, I would NEVER support a woman to "stay at home," as per vashti. I like to cook, and I like to play games. I would be extremely jealous that my wife got to spend more time with the kids than me. I think it's a sexist double-standard that no women will tolerate a stay-at-home dad. If we go out on a date, and you don't wanna go Dutch, the date is over. And if I ever suspected that the girl in question would not go out with me if my earning potential were significantly less, I would leave immediately. No lazy bitches for me, please.
    I know two stay-at-home dads.
    Spammer Spanker

If you like kids, it's fun. My dad was stay-at-home for about a year, actually, when the DoD had a contracting slump. It's relaxing because it requires less responsibility--you're basically like a child, just doing chores. An elder child whose job is babysitting, sometimes.

Personally, though, I would prefer we spend an equal amount of time at work and home. You know, as if we were equals.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I know two stay-at-home dads.
    Cool. How many stay-at-home moms do you know? I know way more than two!

Cool. How many stay-at-home moms do you know? I know way more than two!
    A few, I guess. Most of them are just doing it for a couple of years and then are going back to work. I don't know that many women who just want to put their careers on permanent hold. One of my girlfriends has been at home for three years now with her two kids and her brain is turning to mush. She has an MBA and spends all day up to her ears in diapers. She calls me sometimes just to hear a voice of reason.

I stayed home with my daughter for a little while after she was born but it kind of drove me nuts. I felt like some kind of exploited natural resource. I missed the company and conversation of adults. I started working at a restaurant three nights a week just to get out of the house and my mom took care of the little one. Worked out for everyone and I didn't have to answer to my husband about how I spent every cent.

I think it would be ideal if both parents could stay home equally. I know some wonderful dads.
    Spammer Spanker

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would NEVER support a woman to "stay at home," as per vashti. I like to cook, and I like to play games. I think it's a sexist double-standard that no women will tolerate a stay-at-home dad. No lazy bitches for me, please.
    You're not honestly implying that staying at home raising the kids and taking care of the house is easy as pie are you? That dear takes a fcuk lot of work.

I would *LOVE* a stay at home dad if I brought home the fatty bacon.

Easy as pie, no. Easier than learning how to apply abstract mathematical ideas to physical reality, and then program those applications in an efficient way? Easier than managing a business in a struggling economy? I'm thinking yes. My dad got a lot more withdrawn and depressed when he went back to contracting.

I'm kind of a left-brained person and I do a somewhat technical job. Believe me when I say that dealing with a little kid is much harder than my job. Much harder than solving differential equations, more difficult than programming or doing a complicated 3d rendering.

Toddlers are the most unreasonable people on the planet. They are stubborn and stinky and they wear you right out. My daughter once went to the fridge and got out a dozen eggs and broke them on the couch in the time it took me to go to the bathroom and she wasn't even a naughty kid, generally. It is SO much easier to go to work eight hours a day than to raise kids. I've done both and i assure you, being a stay at home mom is a hard job, especially because so many people don't value it at all.
    Spammer Spanker

Hmm, I could see that. I think it depends on the person, though. My father continues to insist that his year off was one of the happiest times of his life. He used to take us on long walks around the neighborhood to different playgrounds, or out on camping trips, and practically every other week to the amusement park.

Then again, he thoroughly enjoys cleaning. Sometimes I like it, too, actually... it's an OCD thing that runs in my family.

That aside, not all stay-at-home moms have to do all that stuff. My aunt is a stay-at-home mom. You know what she does? Whatever she feels like, mostly. Her husband is filthy rich. He can easily afford daycare, maids, tutors, you name it. I guess having known some affluent people, my perception of stay-at-home moms is different. This is the scenario I want to avoid at all costs.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast