+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does she like me?

Does she like me?

OK so I wasn't sure if I should put this here or in the flirting forum, but I figured I'm mostly looking for responses from women so might as well go right to the source!

So I'm 18, and basically a total virgin. And by total I mean no sex, no "fooling around", and even no kissing. I know, I know.. Crazy, huh? I've just always been that sorta lone-wolf silent, kinda dorky type. This is important to point out because A)I'm sitll super nervous about 'making moves' and such, and B)Since I have no experience, I'm not used to picking up the subtle hints women use.

But anywho, lately I've been hanging out with some new friends, and I'm really fond of this one girl in particular. I just don't know if I'm interpreting things she does as being anything "more" than friendship, or if she's just being nice.

So her, myself and some other friends were hanging out at a mutual friend's house tonight. Just hanging out, watching movies, etc. We're all single. She was my ride to the friend's house and back, because my car is out of commission currently. I didn't have to ask her for a ride, she offered.

So we get there, and we always kinda tease/mock eachother. We're physical (not in like a sexual way, but like poking/shoving/tickling/etc) but it's all in fun I think.

While we were watching movies, I was sitting up on a couch and she was laying down, and she put her head on my lap. I kinda absentmindedly stroked/gently scratched her head/hair while she laid there. I did it for a good half an hour, and when I stopped she took my hand and put it back on her head and told me to do more.

So afterwards when we were driving home, we were just talking and chatting. She said that she was really happy to have met us (referring to me and the other friends we were hanging out with) as none of us were really friends till about 6 months ago. She said she has a lot of fun with me, etc.

When we get to my house, I honestly thought that "this was it", we were going to kiss before I hopped out of the car. She mentioned that she had a lot of fun again tonight. So when we pulled into the driveway I kinda sat there collecting my stuff, and then I just kind of paused and stared at her for a couple seconds (not creepily, just casual "lingering" I guess). I hoped I'd get some sort of sign to lean in and "go for it", but she just said, "Bye, have a good night!" in a cute (but quizzical) voice, like she didn't understand why I was lingering.

So I left, but I'm still thinking about it. I get such mixed feelings from her. Sometimes it seems like she might like me, like whenever we talk we hold eye contact the ENTIRE time. Not "stare", but like literally looking into eachothers eyes. And the head thing, and some other similar things like that. She's not really physical/ticklish with our other guy friends, but she hugs them and stuff. I guess the car thing just really through me off, because I was really getting the "goodnight kiss" vibes from her right up until she said goodnight.

So what do you gals think? Does she like me in a relationship way, or just as a friend? We have a lot of common interests, and the same social circle. She's very open with me about her and her life/friends, but doesn't really talk about gushy emotional stuff.

Gah! Women! Why can't you be simple-minded like us guys! It'd make things so much easier (but noticeably less exciting, I think. )

EDIT: Sorry this is already a mini-novel, but I just wanted to add a bit more since I have you're attention already.
    Women, do you have any tips for guys for when/how to "make moves" on a girl? I'm as far from a "player" as you can get, and my goal is to make sure that she always feels respected. But I do want her to know I like her as more than just a friend; I just don't know HOW to do it!
    Last edited by Prefix; 15-02-10 at 03:14 PM.

"So I'm 18, and basically a total virgin. And by total I mean no sex, no "fooling around"

Oh believe me, you're not the only one.

Oh I'm pretty sure she likes you. Maybe she just got a little afraid to kiss you, as to not ruin the friendship you guys had. Talk to her more and when the right time comes, lean in and give her a kiss. Good luck!
    To reminisce won't bring you back, just look ahead and hold on tight.

hmmm although I think a lot of ppl will be willing to rush out and say she does, I am not sold. Of the things you mentioned, what jumped out to me as a possible sign is the watching a movie and her laying her head on your lap. The rest of the signs that u mentioned seem okay, but remember that those are all things that can occur in friendship. The tickling/poking should be looked as well but once again approached with caution. I guess what these two show is that your two are comfortable enough with each other to let yourselves into each other's personal bubble (or space if you will).

That is a positive sign, however it can also be due to the fact that you are close friends with someone. Since you have only known her 6 months, it may very well indicate she likes you (as you havent been friends for like 2 yrs). Some questions you should ask yourself: Has she always been this friendly with me, or as it developed over time? At which rate does she befriend other people? Are other friends in your little group as close to her as you are, or maybe even known her longer? How does she act toward them, does it differentiate greatly from you?

Seems positive overall, but just approach with caution is my advice. And if your still 'positive' about the whole thing, make a move even if your not 100% sure, or else you will regret it. Besides, it will help you break out of your shell, then the next time around, it won't be so difficult to do.

Try to hold her hand first- see what she does. Put your arm around her when you are watching a movie and see how she reacts- if she's okay with either of those- she's waiting for you to kiss her.

Sounds like you just need to talk to her about your feelings. I personally would go that route and avoid "making moves on her".

Hey all, thanks for the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by all alone View Post
    hmmm although I think a lot of ppl will be willing to rush out and say she does, I am not sold. Of the things you mentioned, what jumped out to me as a possible sign is the watching a movie and her laying her head on your lap. The rest of the signs that u mentioned seem okay, but remember that those are all things that can occur in friendship. The tickling/poking should be looked as well but once again approached with caution. I guess what these two show is that your two are comfortable enough with each other to let yourselves into each other's personal bubble (or space if you will).

That is a positive sign, however it can also be due to the fact that you are close friends with someone. Since you have only known her 6 months, it may very well indicate she likes you (as you havent been friends for like 2 yrs). Some questions you should ask yourself: Has she always been this friendly with me, or as it developed over time? At which rate does she befriend other people? Are other friends in your little group as close to her as you are, or maybe even known her longer? How does she act toward them, does it differentiate greatly from you?

Seems positive overall, but just approach with caution is my advice. And if your still 'positive' about the whole thing, make a move even if your not 100% sure, or else you will regret it. Besides, it will help you break out of your shell, then the next time around, it won't be so difficult to do.
    I agree with you; there are some things that jump out to me too that she likes me (specifically the head on lap thing), but it very well could just be her being friendly I guess. She's a very friendly person, and not afraid to be "physical" with people. And we've 'known' eachother for a long long time, but never really talked nor became friends until about six months ago.

I'll answer some of your questions
    She's always been friendly with me, but the physical thing developed over time (mostly during classes in school). And when we started to hang out outside of school it grew more.

She befriends other people very fast. She became great friends with some of my friends (whom she had never met) very quickly. I don't really pay too much attention but from what I can tell she isn't 'that' physical with any of them (or at least not like I described in my original post)

Other people in my group she's known longer and acts similarly towards them, however I'm the only one she's done the head thing with. She seems to approach me first too whenever me and our friends are standing around in a group some place, I'm the one she engages in conversation first.

EDIT: Something else I'd figure I'd add;
    Heres something else that happened just last night, actually;
    We hung out at another friend's house the other night, and since we were there late we decided to all just sleep over. Her and myself and another friend were sleeping on a large mattress in the living room. We went to bed real late (like 3 in the morning) and when we were laying there she kept saying she was cold so I gave her my blanket (I was actually kind of hot) and a little later she kind of moved her arms around me (like a laying hug I guess?) for warmth. We slept through most the night like that.
    Last edited by Prefix; 18-02-10 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Try to hold her hand first- see what she does. Put your arm around her when you are watching a movie and see how she reacts- if she's okay with either of those- she's waiting for you to kiss her.
    I have not tried holding her hand yet, but I've actually put my arm around her a couple times when watching movies and at other occasions. Most of the time I do it jokingly (like a big exaggerated yawn and then "casually" moving my arm behind her ), but I've done it before while watching a movie because it was the most comfortable/convenient option She's never moved away or shown dislike towards it, but she's never really shown any liking for it either. It doesn't bother her, to answer your question.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm a girl and I would NEVER put my head in some dudes lap and tell him to carress my head more... if I didn't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    I'm a girl and I would NEVER put my head in some dudes lap and tell him to carress my head more... if I didn't like him.
    Hey girl68 thanks for the response,
    even if the guy was a close friend of yours? I'm glad to get another girl's view on the matter

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Uhh no.

My head doesn't want to be near a friends penis. My head does want to be close to a penis of the boy I like...

Well.. Her head was on a pillow on my lap, so it wasn't really near my penis.. But point taken I suppose