+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please Help Me.

Please Help Me.

To anyone that reads this: I really appreciate the input on my problem. I'm a 24 year old man that has dated a girl for the past 8 months, only to see it go down the drain. I'm having a problem understanding my feelings towards her. This girl worked for my family owned and operated business for close to 2 years or so. I started having feelings for her that I could not control, so I had to confess to her. She liked me for a very long time before I admitted my feelings to her. She has a great personality, shes funny, she cares a lot about me, and most importantly, she loves me. When we started dating, everything went beautiful. We couldn't stand being away from each other, so we spent a lot of time together. In the recent months things for us have got to be very bad. My family who cares about me deeply, started having negative impacts on our relationship together. They did not want me to be this girl because of some of the family problems she was dealing with. And they just dont think this is the right girl for me. On a daily basis I would come home, and I would have to deal with getting in huge arguments with my family because I was seeing her. We are currently not "together", but we still see each other every few days. Those days are always ending in tears. What I don't understand is that, when we talk about not seeing each other anymore permanently, a few days go by and I begin to experience horrible pain from her not being in my life. I feel it in my chest, and its horrible. I begin to get like emotional depressed when I don't see her. What is happening here? Am I in love with her? Or is there another reason this is happening? I believe that I truly do care about her because I wouldn't be feeling this pain when were not together. What do I do about my family always putting me down because of her? Im not financially stable at this point in my life to move out, because I'm still attending college.

You are definitely in love... you may not be financially independent now.. keep the relationship under wraps for sometime from your patents ...tell them you are not seeing her.. meanwhile take her into confidence and tell her that.. you want to be with her and clearly tell her about your stance at home..your family may be think good for you.. but you too have to take a call..move out as soon as you are independent...but you have to be very sure that you want to be with her and its a life time commitment.. Good luck

I agree; you should lie to your family.

Hang in there. And try to analyze and take a step back from it all, see it if you are really in love, or was it just an obsession, or whatever it is. And when you're finally out from ur parent's house and ask yourself, are u still in love with her? Hope it helps.