+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why isn't he my facebook friend?

Ha, I had the same problem. In your situation, my gut tells me he's hiding something. If he's just not the type to bother with it, he would just say so, but ACTIVELY avoiding the subject is fishy IMO.

I also think it's insulting to someone you're dating. You add FRIENDS, even ACQAINTANCES on there, right? Why won't you add your girlfriend?? That seems to me to be saying something like she means less than them...or maybe that's just me.

I wouldn't write him off straight away because of this, but I also wouldnt' put too much hope on this "relationship".

I also advocate the "ask a friend who's his friend on there on what's on his page" idea.

Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    ....your guy could be the same way but if he uses it constantly and acts like he is avoiding you or the subject when it is brought up then maybe he is hiding something...I wouldn't worry though. I don't think a lot of guys are as serious facebook users as women are.
    hmm, he does use social sites like facebook constantly. Thanks for your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Have you looked at his Facebook page? I'm thinking he might have an ex on there he wants to hide you from.
    This is a good idea, but I don't really care about x's. He is still friends with some of his x's, but this does not bother me at all. I figure that they are x's for a reason. I am starting to think that he is hiding me... but not from an x. Thank you for your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenofCorona View Post
    Hard to say, either he thinks nothing of it or he's hiding something. If you want to find out you could set up a fake account and add him as a friend to see his page if its set as a private profile.

Is he at all shady in any way that would lead you to believe he's hiding something? Have you met most of his friends/family?
    I wouldn't say that it hasn't crossed my mind, but I don't want someone else's actions to determine my own actions/morals. In other words, I would never snoop to that extent.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeGreen View Post
    I have been dating a man for the last 6 months. We talk, go out to dinner, are intimate, spend the night at each other's places, ect. He says that he trusts me and he sends me texts throughout the day. I've mentioned that we are not facebook friends at least 3 times and he always manages to change the topic. What are some possible reasons on why a guy would do this? Is he hiding something or am I just over-reacting?
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSLeUTpwFjI#t=3m07s]I'll just have Chris Rock explain it to you.[/url]
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Quote Originally Posted by lemonade69 View Post
    Ha, I had the same problem. In your situation, my gut tells me he's hiding something. If he's just not the type to bother with it, he would just say so, but ACTIVELY avoiding the subject is fishy IMO.

I also think it's insulting to someone you're dating. You add FRIENDS, even ACQAINTANCES on there, right? Why won't you add your girlfriend?? That seems to me to be saying something like she means less than them...or maybe that's just me.

I wouldn't write him off straight away because of this, but I also wouldnt' put too much hope on this "relationship".

I also advocate the "ask a friend who's his friend on there on what's on his page" idea.
    Oh poo, I agree... I think that he is hiding something and you are correct, I am taking the avoidance as "I'm less than an acquaintance". Especially since he is an avid facebook user and has an unbelievable number of "friends"... or what I consider a high number... like 200.

Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya View Post
    I'll just have Chris Rock explain it to you.
    Yeah, I have pretty much come to that conclusion, but I like that it was put to music. I appreciate the honesty.
    Last edited by JadeGreen; 21-02-10 at 08:16 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123