+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I really need some advice about her :(..

I really need some advice about her :(..

1 in a half years ago I met my current girlfriend. She and I hit it off instantly and just loved being with each other. We progressed steadily with our feelings, expressing that we loved each other 3 months in. She left in January, for a study abroad trip and was gone for 6 months. We talked every day on the webcam.

Come april, while she was still studying abroad we had our first argument. We argued because of the frustration of nothing new to say but we didnt want to hang up because we missed each other. Things got a little better and I flew to go see her in May..

She was different. The entire time we were there she was moody, angry upset. We fought, I felt trapped because before when she was in a bad mood i could go home, in this case I was stuck in a foreign country with nowhere to go, I was forced to sit there an deal with it. The last day I was there we patched things up, and looked forward to seeing each other again in a 1.5 months.

She wasnt the same on the phone anymore though. She would act really excited to hear from me at first, but then got angry and snappy at me for the smallest things.

When she got back from her trip, we would hang out as much as we could. Yet she was constantly moody. She would get frustrated with me over nothing. We would end up in a fight and I just without noticing had been slowly weened into it. Where I never would have put up with her constantly being moody before, I just accepted it and had grown used to it as if it was normal now.

We started school together again and she would get mad at me for anything. I told her three days in advance that I was going to spend saturday with some old friends. Come saturday, it was not okay as she showed up and complained that I didnt want to spend time with her. It turned into such a big deal that I havent spent a day with just the guys since. She stays at my house every night, and sometimes I get a feeling just like old times. She is sweet, fun loving, nice and affectionate. However these days are pretty rare.

Our sex life when we first got together was amazing, balanced and fulfilling. When she would pleasure me it felt like nothing mattered but us, and she enjoyed making me feel good just as much as I enjoyed it. Now she just says well im not really in the mood, and just makes me cum to cum, dont really feel the love because she used to get into it and now it feels about the same as if I did it myself.

I finally told her a month ago, after she was being moody as hell during the super bowl. She was pissed off the entire time she sat and watched it with me (why didnt she just do something on her own?) complaining about me talking football during the commercial, making snappy comments lie ("thanks I couldnt hear that because of you"). So i snapped I told her this is rediculous your constantly pissed off, Its miserable when your angry all the time and I cant handle it if this is going to be what it is. She started to cry and told me how sorry she was and laid down on my chest and sobbed. (I felt horrible)

She then confessed that when studying abroad she started to get this horrible irrational thought that makes no sense to anyone but her. She said she constantly feels like everything she worked for is going to dissapear that she has this fear that she will never see her family or friends or me again, that something is going to take it all away and knows it sounds dumb but it is constantly in her head and she cant get rid of it.

I comforted her and have been trying to enjoy the relationship since then, hoping for a new start. I feel broken though, as if putting up with the lack of intimacy, the mood swings and now this thought problem have worn me down. I think shes a beautiful girl, one of the best looking i have ever been with. Yet I just feel like i am going through the motions now and I really want to fix it.

I feel lost like I don't have an identity as if I am age 22 and just cant figure out where I am in life. Its really tough for me right now, and If I broke it off with her, I feel like I would regret it forever, because I think maybe that I am overlooking something. I just dont know what to do anymore and am losing my grip on things. I really could use anything you've got say everyone... and will really appreciate in comments.
    Last edited by theguy; 23-02-10 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theguy View Post
    She then confessed that when studying abroad she started to get this horrible irrational thought that makes no sense to anyone but her. She said she constantly feels like everything she worked for is going to dissapear that she has this fear that she will never see her family or friends or me again, that something is going to take it all away and knows it sounds dumb but it is constantly in her head and she cant get rid of it.
    Sounds like she could use a psychologist. Anxiety like that probably won't get better on its own, only worse.
    Keep your love life off Facebook, don't cheat, it's never too soon to make a move on a woman you like.