+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 3 Months In And I Think Our Lifestyles Are Different...Thoughts?

3 Months In And I Think Our Lifestyles Are Different...Thoughts?

I met this girl on Match.com while she was out of the country, which I didnt know. That forced us to exchange many very long emails several times a day before for a month before she moved back.

I'm 28 and she is 26
    I'm done with grad school and have a job and will have a house in about a month
    She is in JC and about to transfer to a state school and then 2 years later may do a masters after that.
    I have no debt and she is struggling with money.

Those are some quick facts.

I'm starting to feel we have different lifestyles. I go to the gym daily and lift hard, I like to do stuff outside with my dogs so going out at night isnt as important. She doesnt exercise which isnt that big of a deal but could be down the road as I get the impression she isnt taking care of herself. Plus I worry the drinking and eating out will take its toll sooner or later. She technically has quit smoking but has slipped a few times in the 3 months she has been back. The slips usually happen while at bars drinking. Most of her friends smoke and compared to me they all drink like fish. For example, we hit up a local rock show, Im more hip hop but I went, she had about 6 drinks to my 1. It just worries me that we are different and we may be wasting our time.

Being 28 I was thinking about kids around 30-32 but with the current GF that probably wont happen either.

Sexually I cant complain but thats no reason to stay in a relationship. Of course about 2 weeks ago another girl who I met on match.com emails me out of the blue. She has an MBA and seems to have her shit together. I also saw the EX this weekend and I realized that she is more my type than my current GF. The EX doesnt drink or smoke, fishes, hikes, bikes, has a motorcycle like me, into healthy living and is 2 years ahead in school. Granted the EX was young and crazy when we dated but now it seems she has her shit together.

Thanks for reading and the advice in advance.

lastly, I read a quote from Channing Tatum who got married recently. He feels that if you have to ask advice about a current situation than its not right one. That kinda made me think.

You're wasting your time with her. There's nothing wrong with seeing that and choosing to end it now. You should.
    Spammer Spanker

I would say for me personally, I would like to eventually settle down with a woman that has similar interest in the things I do i.e. biking, hiking, & all things outdoors. However, there should be some differences like politics, job, or life experiences. Basically, what I am saying is I want a woman who I can enjoy to be around but balance out my weaknesses or faults. Two people who are exactly similar will get bored with each other, I think.

Thanks for the posts.

I tend to look long term really early on. I just got a message from her saying she can do something because she doesnt have the $$ for gas. That worries me. I'm not high rolling but I'm certainly not broke. Granted I know she is in school but it just puts a damper on things and makes me wonder how in debt she is getting. I've seen how debt can impact relationships (my parents for example)

It sounds like you're a grownup and she's just not there yet.
    Spammer Spanker