+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it appropriate for me to ask her to stop wearing her navel ring?

Is it appropriate for me to ask her to stop wearing her navel ring?

I think that unpierced navels are sexier. I know that it's her body and its not my right to tell her how to look, but I think that the ring distracts from her natural beauty. I don't want to do anything that would mess up our relationship because she's the best thing that's ever happened to me. What would be the most appropriate way to ask her?

Honestly I've had the same problem with a nose ring before...it was the hope kind that pierces the septum not like a stud...and to me it just looked stupid...like they pierce cows, pigs and other livestock like that to run a rope through it and control them...it just looked stupid.

I never said anything and honestly it didn't bother me as much after a while. If she likes it then like you said it is her body.

No, it's not appropriate. I'm sure you've made it clear that you don't like it and she still has it. You do realize, don't you, that whether she wears the ring or not, her navel will still look pierced? I haven't had a belly ring in for over 12 years and my piercing is every bit as apparent as ever.
    Spammer Spanker

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Nope you shouldn't ask her to remove it. As giga said I'm sure she knows you don't like it and she hasn't cared enough to have it removed. If you REALLY didn't like it you would have not dated her in first place. By continuing to do so you have accepted the ring as part of her.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    idiot... you take the package as a WHOLE.....imagine this. just because she doesn't get along with your parents, doesn't mean that she won't try, right? you have to make sacrifices.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eh, I don't see what the big deal is about asking. She will probably say no, though. And Giga is right - the hole will still be visible.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I guess the way I see it is that it isn't a big deal to ask...but in the same sense it really isn't that big of a deal.

I say pick your battles...let her have the naval ring...I mean do you have a bellybutton fetish that it is getting in the way of? I'm sure there are other parts of her body you enjoy more...pay attention to those.

I don't entirely understand what you mean but I kind of do as I mentioned in my previous post discussing the nose ring....at the same time I also think many women look better with little to no make-up (not all, but some). One woman in fact I think looks beautiful without makeup but she wears what I think is quite a bit but I will never tell her that because I can still see her beauty even with her makeup on.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i would never tell a girl to cut her hair because i don't agree with the style...

i look past these kinda things.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Okay, I'll come clean. I do have a bellybutton fetish, and she has a really nice one aside from the ring.

And to the person who said that if I really didn't like it I shouldn't be dating her- I absolutely love everything else about her. Also, a big part of the reason why I'm so in love with her is because of who she is on the inside. Plus, it seems like almost every attractive girl out there has one nowadays anyway, so any other girl I'd probably be interested would probably have one too.

She also has a tattoo on her hip, and I don't normally like tattoos, but asking her to get rid of it would be going overboard and I don't find it as distracting as the belly ring, so I've decided to just live with it.

Yes, I know the hole would still be there, but that's fine with me.

I think that couples should be honest with eachother about what there turn-ons and turn-offs are.

Here is what I would probably say to her:

"I think that we should be honest with each other about certain things, so I thought I should tell you that Belly rings are kind of a turn-off for me because they I think they detract from your natural beauty."

Gee. Didn't know a belly piercing could be distracting from someone's natural beauty.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DaneClark View Post
    Here is what I would probably say to her:

"I think that we should be honest with each other about certain things, so I thought I should tell you that Belly rings are kind of a turn-off for me because they I think they detract from your natural beauty."
    Don't mention her piercing; just tell her how much you are turned on by natural belly buttons. Unless she is a dumb as a turnip, she will catch the hint. Your way would just make her feel insecure.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Gee. Didn't know a belly piercing could be distracting from someone's natural beauty.
    It is. I think they're disgusting. But whatever. I'll still do a chick regardless.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Nose rings are disgusting. I sat next to a girl on an airplane who had a cold and a (hoop) nose ring. She spent half the flight trying to clean the snot off the ring.

All facial piercings are disgusting, now that I think about it.

Okay, I've got it all planned now.

I'll begin by telling her how I believe how couples should be honest with eachother about what there turn-ons and turn-offs are. Then I'd ask her if she prefers hairy chests or shaved chests (because I would shave mine if she wanted me to.) Then I'd tell her that I've always been very turned on by natural bellybuttons.

I got into a piercing fit in the early nineties and had everything from lower beltine to ear tops pierced within the course of 3 years. Then the chicks got into it.. and started commandeering piercing sections of the body according to what they thought were gender specific... so I yanked all of them out in protest.

Still have over 14 holes which have never healed properly.... more or less, cheese whiz factories.

But now, it's such a specific hobby according to gender that I wouldn't dream of implanting more hoops and studs into already scarred bits... not for the social perceptions, but for the gender identification of my partner/parnters.

Earrings were originally a male thang... as were skirts, make-up, and panteloons.

That's the course of feminism... to secure everything male-kind has done and remove it from malekind's menu.

I'd let it go if I were you. It's a small inconsequential thing which men have already well and truly done better.

It's not like the entire female race is known for logic in public office nor in relationships reasoned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast