+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Body language - Good or Bad?

Body language - Good or Bad?

Ok, so today I finally gained the courage to ask this guy at college out [some of you might remember him from before]. Through one of my close friends encouragement, I decided that I would ask him if he was free one day this week. Since Tuesday morning, I had suddenly been having alot of time where it was just me and him in a room or area and it was quite odd but I kept backing down at each chance I got until the end of today before he was leaving class. Just as he said bye, I stopped him and asked if he was free this Friday.

His reaction confuses me a little since I'm having different people telling me different things. When I asked him, he kinda looked away from me and stood for a while and said "emm..." whilst scratching the side of his face and after what seemed like ages he said that he was hanging out with his friend that night. Instead of pestering him, I just said that that was cool. He said he'd see me after the break and then left.

Upon telling my guy friend this, he says not to instantly assume that he doesn't like me at all. He says that there were three reasons for him doing this - -
    a) He was a bit shocked and realised what I meant and couldn't pull it all together
    b) He was a bit shy himself
    c) He has no interest in me but didn't wanna just say "no" straight out.
    He also said that I should have asked about Sunday [I work on Saturday] and possibly should have asked for his number [he told me where he lives and it isn't far from my place so he should apparantly have had no trouble giving me his number].

What do you guys think? Have I basically created an awkwardness between us both or is there even a small bit of hope here?

You should give the person you're asking a way to say "yes". When you asked for a specific day, he had to think about what his plans were for that day, then tell you he was busy. This is why asking people to go to a specific event is also a bad idea.

Next time you ask, say "would you like to get a coffee sometime?" By asking that way, it's now very easy for him to say yes, as the date is open. Get the yes, then give him your number.

Of course, he may not be interested but you kind of bushwhacked him by asking the way you did.
    Keep your love life off Facebook, don't cheat, it's never too soon to make a move on a woman you like.

Bushwhacked him? :S I've never heard that one before. It's really difficult to get him away from his friends, though, which is one of the main problems. That's why the time we had this week was amazingly rare. Also, the time he took to answer was quite long and he said "I think" ><