+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I want to change my job but I'm desperately afraid of changing jobs....

I want to change my job but I'm desperately afraid of changing jobs....

I have stayed away from several interviews specifically because I had terrifying experiences twice in my life, where I thought I was leaving for greener pastures only to end up in a job that was completely out of whack. I once ended up in a job where my boss sexually harassed me every chance he got. Then left for another job some years later and had a female boss from hell. And yes I know that no job can guarantee that you'll like the people that you have to work with. The definite problem is that I'm petrified of changing jobs because I'm TERRIFIED that a similar experience will most certainly befall me. I feel trapped by my own fears and I don't know what to do. I mean I actually made excuses not to attend a job interview today with a job that pays more for God's sake due to this fear. What the hell is the matter with me
    Last edited by elfen31; 12-03-10 at 04:10 AM.

mel2208 Guest
    hi there elfen

my friend is in the same situation..she has been doin the same thing fof 8 years now and does night shifts..she desperatly wants to find other jobs but when she does she makes excuse after excuse to not go to the interview!! so im gonna say the same to you has waht i say to my friend... You cant let past experiences hold you back but If you dont try, you will never know..You will be stuck in this rut for a long time if you dont push yourself to go for it... I know what you mean about the whole new thing and not knowing if you will get on with the other ppl or not..but thats the same for everybody when they start a new job..It does pass eventually..You will know if you like it or not after a few weeks or so.. If you dont like it, you move on...

wish you all the luck in whatever you decide to do

Mel x

You can chuck a cat out a window and it still lands on its feet.

Be the cat.

The first step is always the most difficult... once you get use to the surrounding environment...it will a breeze (i hope) ..
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"