+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Describe your perfect "Gentlemen"

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    Giga was able to do it...
    Yes, but you shouldn't discount what the other ladies said just because you didn't like the way they phrased their posts. After all, YOU are the one coming here looking for answers and opinions.

If your attempts to try and understand females are genuine, you might want to be a little more open to a few more opinions. Otherwise, you're starting to sound like those posters who ask questions and proceed to fight with anyone who doesn't tell them what they want to hear.
    Last edited by starbuck; 19-03-10 at 11:11 AM.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Yes, but you shouldn't discount what the other ladies said just because you didn't like the way they phrased their posts. After all, YOU are the one coming here looking for answers and opinions.

If your attempts to try and understand females are genuine, you might want to be a little more open to a few more opinions. Otherwise, you're starting to sound like those posters who ask questions and proceed to fight with anyone who doesn't tell them what they want to hear.
    I do have a genuine want to understand females wants. Most of the females in here are selfish girls but I have seen a couple women post their thoughts. Don't get mad at me if you come off as a silly selfish girl.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

*shrugs*

In short.... someone that is caring & not rude...

I expect that women and men will honor one another with honesty and sincerity. Sure, the textbook methods are great (i.e. holding the door, offering one's jacket, etc.) But it does become a very personal matter to each person because we're all looking for certain qualities in a mate. Problem is, many people have no idea what they want. Over time and many long-term relationships I've come up with a very precise list of essentials that a man must meet in order to stay with me. If I settle for anything less than what I want, I'm wasting my time.

I do have a genuine want to understand females wants. Most of the females in here are selfish girls but I have seen a couple women post their thoughts. Don't get mad at me if you come off as a silly selfish girl.
    Well don't get mad at us if you come off as a judgmental a**hole. Wot, wot? I call it like I see it.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok final conclusion : *we* women are selfish bitches , who can't say our own opinion without excluding our own opinion - how hard
    Second final conclusion : Graham Berkeley IS NOT a gentleman. Why? A Gentleman is not insulting women, especially not in general.

Graham, I think you have some childish issues. Starbie just showed you that you are not right, and you started calling her silly and selfish. Like, she must be one of the very last silly selfish people in the world. This shows how stupid and judgmental you are. You don't even leave yourself time to get to know somebody more before you call them names etc. You really have some stuff to learn, still If you're already old... Well , dead case hehe .
    I wazzzz here

Women want a bad boy in the sense that they want a man who knows when to stick up for himself or her, and when to let things roll off. We don't really want an asshole, but it seems that men generally (and stereotypically) come in two kinds "nice guy" and "asshole". The nice guy gets walked on and every girl wants to be his "friend", whereas the asshole couldn't care less about the women in his life and somehow chicks still fawn over him. Many women have some starstruck fantasy of taking that bad boy and making him hers. Taming that wild streak. Those women are ridiculous.

In reality, we want the nice guy and the bad boy to be one in the same. We want a respectful man who will have goals, ambition, integrity, and an open mind. He'll be sensitive when we need him to be, but he'll also understand when to step back and let us handle our own shit. I find that a lot of women expect their men to become an emotional crutch, and then wonder why the guy runs away screaming.

You can keep on thinking the way you're thinking, since it's obviously working so well for you. Sorry to tell you this Graham, but I can guarantee that those women with the good careers that you would like to date will expect, at minimum, those things that the so-called "selfish" women in this thread expect.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Haha. I like it. I would add something slightly cocky and condescending as a remark to her after everyone had passed through the door. Not overtly rude though
    That wouldn't be very gentlemenly, Graham.

Besides, I enjoy holding the door open for anyone. Makes me remember my folks. Who goes through the door doesn't matter so much.

Second final conclusion : Graham Berkeley IS NOT a gentleman. Why? A Gentleman is not insulting women, especially not in general.
    Petit Papillon, because I disagree with you I am not a gentlemen? Thats very young of you. After high school you may find your opinion has changed...

I can guarantee that those women with the good careers that you would like to date will expect, at minimum, those things that the so-called "selfish" women in this thread expect.
    starbuck, don't insult the carrier driven, working women, on this forum by implying they have your limitations... yuck...

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    Women want a bad boy in the sense that they want a man who knows when to stick up for himself or her, and when to let things roll off. We don't really want an asshole, but it seems that men generally (and stereotypically) come in two kinds "nice guy" and "asshole". The nice guy gets walked on and every girl wants to be his "friend", whereas the asshole couldn't care less about the women in his life and somehow chicks still fawn over him. Many women have some starstruck fantasy of taking that bad boy and making him hers. Taming that wild streak. Those women are ridiculous.

In reality, we want the nice guy and the bad boy to be one in the same. We want a respectful man who will have goals, ambition, integrity, and an open mind. He'll be sensitive when we need him to be, but he'll also understand when to step back and let us handle our own shit. I find that a lot of women expect their men to become an emotional crutch, and then wonder why the guy runs away screaming.
    Yeah I hear ya on that one. Seems like there is a natural order to things and that happens to be the way the system works. At least stereotypically. The sad thing is I've seen some of my more "assholeish" guy friends "change" for their woman and then all the woman can do is complain, become mean and controlling and loose interest and go looking for another guy who will treat them like crap.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Petit Papillon, because I disagree with you I am not a gentlemen? Thats very young of you. After high school you may find your opinion has changed...
    Calling someone silly and selfish when this person is clearly not like this, it is an insult, moron. Oh yes, You just have been insulted. Besides I don't give a small crap what you wrote here, I just find disrespectful calling Starbie this way,just because she didn't agree with you. Time to take your head out of your ass.
    I wazzzz here

Because you didn't like her ideas (didn't agree with her) you called her selfish...so she called you not a gentleman...certainly not the harshest thing she could have said....I do believe she was right here....giving ones opinion doesn't make them selfish...thats just ridiculous...asking for somebodies opinion means you are asking for their personal point of view.

Now if you wanted a more broad definition of what a gentleman was then you could have asked "what is the nature of being a gentleman"...its like you've never taken any philosophy.

Gotta take PP's side on this one...sorry but you really weren't a gentleman.

Maybe I should go back and read through all these posts again, but I didn't catch the part where Graham said he IS a gentleman.

Enough with the insults. Thread closed.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234