+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do you consider someone's "number" important?

Do you consider someone's "number" important?

I just have a general question.

For whatever reason, it seems like people place a high significance on the number of sexual partners they and other people have had. Everyone (except in extreme cases) knows their "number," and people are regularly judged by the amount of people they have slept with in the past, casually or otherwise.

Do you think it's reasonable to judge a prospective mate or current significant other on their number of past sexual partners? This is a question outside of any STD issues (let's just assume they don't have any for this hypothetical).

I also understand that there are some people who are waiting for marriage for religious or other reasons. That's fine and understandable for the people who choose that, but that's also a separate issue from what I'm talking about.

Do you think it matters how many past sexual partners a person has had? Or is the past just the past?

Most people give a fake number when asked. Opinions are opinions, so there is no true consensus.

For me it doesn't matter as long as from that point forward, I am the only one. Learn from history, don't live in it.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

The only thing I would say is that the number of people a person has had sex with is a direct reflection on the character. Not to say that a person who has had A LOT of sex with different partners is a slut or is "bad" in comparison to someone who hasn't had many. You can learn something about the person and their mindset by the number of sex partners they had regardless if its a lot or a little. I wouldn't want to have sex with someone who has a low number anymore than someone who has a high number.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

It's very 'Meh' to me.

I'm always curious to know....

But i like to know about my partners history... Just to make sure there's no danger signs etc.

And feel a bit......'odd' when i have slept with more people & am younger (which is my current state )

It may have something to do with experience? I mean, the more practice you get, the better you get at it,right?