+ Follow This Topic

Thread: first relationship in years, scared will screw :(

first relationship in years, scared will screw :(

well a bit about me, I was born and raised in chile, but because of my dad's work I move to galveston, TX.

now im 18 and I guess I'd never had a real relationship. well, my last relationship was around that age, 14-15, we never really broke up, but distance did, after that I just put my self in a lonely world, I started 9 grade here, and it was just awful, at that time I could barely speak any English, and my self esteem was low, and still low, I had no friends and my everyday was basically: go to school, and then shut myself in my room. that was during 9, and 10 grade, and then at 11 things started to change, I started getting friends, talking to people and I ended up with a big group of friends, well, at that point was all ok, but then I started feeling bad, I had friends but still something was... well missing.

along this 3 years I liked this girl for about... well 3 years, I thought that she would complete that missing part, but at the end she just gave me false hopes, and a bunch of crap, I ended up in a hole, my self esteem was already low, now I had none, and when I thought I was starting doing fine I just went back to the same, shut my self between 4 walls.

it took me a while to get over it, but I did, still feeling that missing part, but I gave up and I told to my self: well, there's nothing really much to do.
    so, I just started to have fun, going out with friends, BBQ's, going to the mall, just really having a fun time.

well, a week ago my mind was: "you cant really hope for much, you'll be fine though" but along the week stuff happened, this girl, Meagan somehow got my number, and she started text me. uhmm I knew her since 9 grade, I never really talked to her more than over music, or something like that, and to be sincere I barely knew her name . I always thought she was beautiful, I mean she was and she still is, but because of obvious reasons I never tried anything with her.
    I had hear that she liked me and stuff, but I never believed that, and well, until she got my number, and somehow, skipping another long story LOL, we now are boyfriend and girlfriend...

I really had never feel so good with someone, but I;m scared of screw and lost her , I don't know what to do to make this last, to make her stick with me, I know it will eventually end, but I want to make it last as long as is a healthy relationship

I bet you girls can help me, please

and sorry about my English, is not perfect, is just a 3 year old English if you wanna called that way :p

I know your English is isn't perfect, but just a word to the wise: "Screw up" means to mess up something, but "screw" means to have sex.

Alright, i'm a male. I can't really understand females myself, but i'll try my best.

What kind of girl is she like? I'm willing to help you with your English if you want.

Make sure you are yourself and just have fun
    As long as you're both having fun and showing affection for each other it should be alright ^^
    New relationships are always scary but you'll survive anyway
    ~The 3 things needed for Happiness: Something to do, Something to love and something to hope for.~

I am no expert, take everything I say with a large grain of salt.

thanks for the help with the screw up and screw lol, now I know something new! :p
    and I do understand English perfectly, I just have some problems writing it, and speaking it

and well a good little description about her would be something like this: shy, quiet, self conscious ( thing that i'm worried the most ).

we been talking lately, and we been getting deep and well, I been noticing by what she tells me that she is someone that just need some that cares for her, she told me that no one ever cared for her. and the thing is that I usually care, alot, plus we talked and she told me that she been liking me since 9 grade. so far it feels great, and I think this will be a LTR, she even start talking about it, and it just feels awesome :p

Honestly, you just need to be confident in the idea that you and her are great together. Don't let thoughts of "It will end someday" cloud your relationship with her. You say she's beautiful and wonderful and you want it to last so just treat her with love and shower her with affection and you'll be fine. No reason to doom a perfectly beautiful relationship to non-existence before any problems have cropped up.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!