+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did i ruin my chances?

Did i ruin my chances?

Ill make this as short as possible

I have been dating a girl for a month, every date has been great, she came over my house the last time we were together and I got to about 2/3rd base. Once again so far so good. Then I messed up, on st patricks day I was so drunk I told her we should hang out that coming Friday (she said she was free to hang out Friday or Sunday) and she said ok. Then I said "I dont care how bold this sounds but I had a great time on Sunday (when she came over) and that kissing her felt right".

She responded with smiley faces and said she doesnt make bold statements but she had a good time too, then texted again saying that I will learn it takes a long time for her to crack (open up). I responded the next morning with "and you'll learn when I drink too much I can be partially retarded" She laughed and said it was all good, but unfortunately that Friday all of a sudden it was her friend's birthday...she did call to tell me it personally and said shed make it up to me, I accepted although I probably could barely mask my disappointment. Its now Tuesday and we have not spoken or texted since...Did I blow it or is it still too soon?

Its hard to say...I'm guessing everything is fine...everybody always jumps to the worst possible scenario and it usually isn't that...just text her and ask if she wants to hang out when she is free next.

She may just be a little more reserved than you are about physical stuff or talking about it. I am that way and my bf isn't. Makes me blush sometimes when he talks about stuff.

About the canceling of the date, not a huge deal. At least she respected you enough to call and not text or email.

I'd maybe shoot her a text tomorrow wishing her a happy half way to the weekend or something. Ask her how her week has been. See if she bites and maybe you guys can make plans.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Thanks for the input, appreciate it.

Yeah, your probably over thinking it buddy. Be smooth, and get another date planned. Maybe she jut got a really busy stretch!

and why did you wait that many days? i would've texted her on saturday asking how the birthday went.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Umm yeah how come you haven't gotten in touch !?!

hmmmmm well, i agree you should have been in touch sooner, you should have asked how the birthday was but saying that why hasnt she been in touch with you, because if i had to cancel plans with my boyfriend i wouldnt wait all this time to contact him again, id ring or text the next day, and also she did say she was free sunday and didnt say she would meet you then instead as she cant make the friday did she?

i dont think its anything you have done, i cant see anything that you've done wrong but i would explore the option that she just isnt interested anymore because im sorry but it sounds a bit like that to me.

and it dosent seem like she's willing to make the effort either.